3.8L A/C Delete serpentine belt info. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.8L A/C Delete serpentine belt info.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’m having trouble getting the A/C compressor and mounting bracket out, will try it again this week. Jacking it up to see where it’s catching on something. If I can’t get it out my mechanic friend said he’d come up next weekend and help me.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Good luck. Post pics Steve.

Comment

So his little one had a cold, so he’s coming up this weekend to help me, was going to jack it up and take a look but back was bothering me. Will post pics when it’s out.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Got it out the compressor and condenser, will post pics tomorrow when there’s more daylight.

Comment

Also after he took the A/C components out he went through my boxes of turbo stuff asking questions and I showed him videos and stuff of the turbo kit installed and he said he could do it the first of the new year, wants me to drive it to him down in Phoenix which I guess it would be alright. Will have to tune it before coming back up the 11 mile mountain. Go from 2k to 5k da in 11 miles. I’m excited.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	39243844-C7B8-47F0-BA01-831EC905C82B.jpeg
Size:	2.62 MB
ID:	1577582

Comment

A lot more room going to zip tie and loom my wires up, might break out the pressure washer and clean up the engine.
                Last edited by ssms5411; 09-05-2021, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Nice! I'm jealous of the tubular k-member.

Comment

Originally posted by v6buick View Post
                    Nice! I'm jealous of the tubular k-member.
                    Yeah , it gives you a lot more room.

Comment

Hey v6buick , are you running a turbo kit?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                        Had to get another phone
                        by ssms5411
                        Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                        1 week ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Leaking front cover
                        by ssms5411
                        So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • transamtom1
                        Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                        by transamtom1
                        Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X