what do you think of the ecm that use eprom flash type? camaro 3.4 94 - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what do you think of the ecm that use eprom flash type? camaro 3.4 94

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what do you think of the ecm that use eprom flash type? camaro 3.4 94

Today I had an accident updating my ecm with the winflash program, half of the process was interrupted and now my ecm is not working and I tried to reload the data but it is useless, nor can I scan it with Gary's scan9495 program, someone has knowledge of what to do with the ecm?
    He could solder a new eprom but this ecm is a type of flash (see image) I really don't know what to do, I also don't know if it is possible to solder a new eprom flash or if you just need to disconnect the car battery ... I don't know
    if someone could help me out?
    postscript: I finally feel at home in this forum to
    regards camaro v6 everyone can consider me as a friend
    Attached Files

Welcome to the forum! Unhook the battery and let it sit for 10-20 mins. That should likely fix it. I have had plenty of flash interruptions with my Camaro when I was tuning and ran into your same issue.

If that fails to fix it leave fully disconnected overnight and try again in the morning.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

hey brother that's great ok i already left it disconnected What do you think about adapting an ecm compatible with this device?
      http://www.moates.net/burn2-chip-pro....html?cPath=94

It seems to me a safer way to tune the ecm without fear of leaving a 1994 Camaro ecm broken, since I would only have to buy a new eprom that they sell for 9 dollars in case something goes wrong

Comment

To be honest I have not had experience with that type of tuner and haven't really seen it mentioned. I think most guys I have seen use mega squirt.

If you give it a shot make sure you give us a review on it!

Comment

do you know the specific model of mega squirt that works in the camaro v6?

Comment

Since my Camaro was a 3.8l and the tuning is a little bit different. I would say you are best to read the two links located in this thread: 3.4L tuning information

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              3 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X