Seafoam story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seafoam story

So last tank of gas I put like 8 cans of seafoam in the gas tank. I start my Camaro every other day to mainly charge the battery. Have a draw I can't find. So it finally got down to 2-3 gallons and started smoking when reving it. Was alittle worried at first but then remembered all the seafoam that was in it. Filled it up with 91 octane and drove it home ran awesome. Parked it and reved it no smoke, will probably do this once a year. Next Im going to do the vacuum line and smoke out the neighborhood.lol I love seafoam.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

I put a can in my SUV that had 150k on it in the tank and a quarter of that I let the vacuum suck it and wow. Smoke all over the place. I did it at the parking lot of some grocery store and I remember people stared at me.

it did ruined my cat converter, not really sure if seafoam did that or it was pretty much on its way out.

I used it on my Fiero. It didn't smoke as much and the idling got smoother.

Comment

8 cans? Wow that's a lot of seafoam to put into a gas tank lol. Probably no harm done but I would change the spark plugs out. They tend to get fouled with seafoam and you may not even notice it. I put seafoam into all of my cars once or twice a year but I never leave them parked with less then a full tank of gas.

I've done it through the vac line also; the amount of smoke can be epic. :)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
        Hello everyone!
        by Andy H
        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
        2 weeks ago
      • 3.4 slow to go
        hey there strangers!
        by 3.4 slow to go
        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X