No announcement yet.

Going with different cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mean feel, lol just at idle and low rpm.I said notice before, it would be pretty cool if you could see it.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 11-16-2019, 11:31 AM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Turned back on the PO300 , no light yet, so I guess the O-rings on the injectors was the cause. Did a little tunning not much today. Also changed the oil again, was pretty dark for 1 week. Put the good stuff in Amsoil 10w30 and Amsoil filter.
      Last edited by ssms5411; 11-17-2019, 08:49 PM.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

UPS found my injectors.lol Little late but I’ll have spare injectors I guess. Got a refund on the 2 day shipping so that’s good.TREperformance is where I got them.

Comment

How do you like the Amsoil filter? I usually go with the WIX from them.

Did you get a set of injectors free? I haven't heard of TREperformance. I'll have to look them up

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
            How do you like the Amsoil filter? I usually go with the WIX from them.

Did you get a set of injectors free? I haven't heard of TREperformance. I'll have to look them up
            No just shipping. TRE has a lot of stuff. I’ve been using the Amsoil filters in all my vehicles for about 5 years doing 1 oil change a year (about 5k in miles a year) per vehicle and so far so good. That’s with their expensive oil though.

Comment

Is that amsoil oil filter larger capacity than stock ?

Comment

Originally posted by mdiesel View Post
                Is that amsoil oil filter larger capacity than stock ?
                No just stock, Amsoil says you can get 25k out of their filters so 5k is nothing. Plus I check the oil every month and they’ve been good.

Comment

So my PO300 came back, time to disable it again. Decided to return the injectors and get the ones from Intense racing since there like the ones I have in there. 65lbers rated at 60lbs.
                  Last edited by ssms5411; 11-20-2019, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Really not worried about my oil pressure on the Camaro, my 2008 Silverado when hot is 25ish at idle. 40ish when cruising. Camaro is 30ish at idle and 60ish when cruising. Have had bad weather this week so no tunning.

Comment

30-60 psi on oil pressure is normal. as long as its not dropping super low , like 15 psi or less. Increasing oil pressure doesn't really do much for overall performance or longevity, increased oil flow on the other hand will make your engine last allot longer. Thing is most mods that increase oil flow significantly in our engines need to be done with the motor out of the car.. ie.. drilling the mains to a larger size , fabing a dry sump, bypassing the " filter bypass", plugging the balance shaft oil holes, drilling oil return holes in the lifter valley. Bout the only things you can do without pulling the engine is the volume kit in the front cover, and porting the front cover for casting dags..

Comment

Yeah, if only I had a garage. I wouldn’t mind building a spare engine.

Comment

Lol, I've got the garage, I just dont have the spare time and money...

Comment

Originally posted by mdiesel View Post
                            Lol, I've got the garage, I just dont have the spare time and money...
                            I got the time , little bit of money but no garage. But maybe in 5 years hopefully be moving to a house with a garage.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post

I got the time , little bit of money but no garage. But maybe in 5 years hopefully be moving to a house with a garage.
                              The house is why I have no money, lol. Kid too . But it's all good though . I'm gonna try to do some more work on my camaro project over my Christmas vacation.

Comment

Did some tunning today, it’s at 12.2 A/F , going to leave it for there for now, I’m sure when it warms up it will go up.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X