No announcement yet.

Going with different cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks , No painting them is all I’m doing, the turbo will be enough show.lol Your idea sounds cool.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Got it running, used the old injectors, wasn’t cracked just bad O-rings which was good since UPS lost my injectors. I have a video of it running but don’t know how to post it.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Rockauto sent me the wrong part again, the rear abs sensor was the wrong one, and it’s been too long to send it back. I guess you have to make sure they send you a part right away or your screwed. There goes another 30 bucks.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          Rockauto sent me the wrong part again, the rear abs sensor was the wrong one, and it’s been too long to send it back. I guess you have to make sure they send you a part right away or your screwed. There goes another 30 bucks.
          Yup. I waited too long to make a claim that something I ordered never showed up and it was essentially "too bad, so sad. We gave it to the carrier, should have contacted us sooner. Thanks for the money,"

On one hand I get it. On the other hand, I ordered something and it never showed up. (or in your case, was wrong.) That's not cool.

Comment

Got it running, used the old injectors, wasn’t cracked just bad O-rings which was good since UPS lost my injectors. I have a video of it running but don’t know how to post it.
            Hooray! Yeah, I took my rail off a few months ago and the O-rings and such were coming apart as soon I touched them.

Let us know how the tuning goes!

Comment

Yeah hopefully get it tomorrow, he said he blipped the throttle alittle and A/F was at 15.9 yikes.lol but it cruises in the 14 range so that’s good. Just needs some more fuel.
              Last edited by ssms5411; 11-14-2019, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Got the new rear abs sensor in, and got the reverse lights working, had to run another power wire,but got them working.Picking it up tomorrow.

Comment

The pics look clean - have you tried reaching out to the rockauto rep on here?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                  1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Thanks, no maybe I’ll give it a try but it’s been about a year so I doubt it.

Comment

Ya that is a little long - but you never know.

Comment

Yeah , I try to stock up on parts, but it’s not paying off.

Comment

Got it home, first start up you notice the balance shaft not spinning but It’s fine cruising, no KR so that’s good, oil pressure is 50-60 psi when cruising around and around 30 psi at idle hot. I guess it’s normal but don’t see where the oil volume mod is worth it. Need to work on the tune will do it this weekend. Just gave it a quick tune with lots of fuel. Oh and the abs light came on again now showing front left sensor instead of rear. Damm abs.lol

Comment

Oil volume kit isn't going to increase pressure, just flow. The biggest benefit is it'll probably keep that double roller chain more wet with oil than the stock oil system could...

Comment

Well that’s good then, thanks for the info.I was going by the reviews on ZZPerformance,some said it raised their oil pressure.
                              Last edited by ssms5411; 11-15-2019, 08:17 PM.

Comment

What do you mean you can see the balance shaft not turning? Where are you looking?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  3 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X