Going with different cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going with different cam

Decided on going with a different cam instead of the ST5 , going with ST2. Only going to run 12psi max so the ST5 is way too aggressive for my taste, want to keep my Camaro as a cruiser . So my ST5 is in the for sale section.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Got the ST2 cam today and have the 1K for labor, just need to wait until November.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

How come you’re waiting until November?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
        How come you’re waiting until November?
        Its not that hot where I am , because Im up north, and the mechanic is down in the Valley so its pretty hot and he doesn't have air in his garage, so in November its pretty cool weather wise for him, also thats when he agreed to do it. Hes up here this weekend and said he might get to the rear abs sensor and reverse lights. Will see though, he had a vasectomy last week so I told him it could wait. He works as a Kia mechanic, but does side work. Really busy all the time, works 2 Saturdays a month along with the mon-fri. So I try not to nag him too much. My Camaro isn't going anywhere.

Comment

Makes sense- what are you expecting it to put down?

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
            Makes sense- what are you expecting it to put down?
            Hoping for 220 N/A, 400 with the turbo. But going to do the turbo after I get it painted. Want to dial in the tune before the turbo goes on. That should give me alot of time to do it. I want the doller roller in there so I don't blow the engine. So I don't drive it much right now, maybe once a month if that but I do start it and let it get up to temp every other day to keep the battery good. I have a draw somewhere that drains the battery, can't find it, so just start it every other day. I want to drive it twice a month into town when its done.

Comment

What's the plans for yours Mike? Any upgrades in the future?

Comment

I found my aftermarket security system was causing my draw once the system got older.

I hope to do something like the chrs1313 ram air and fix my blown rear shocks this year.

I ran what should be a 12.7 at the track but I want to get that to low 12’s high 11’s. My tune needs work and the car needs a 160* tstat to help combat KR

Comment

Sounds good, narrowed my draw to my stereo but haven't gotten into it. 12.7 isn't bad, yeah the tune is most important.

Comment

So decided on just to do the double roller this year, and new oil filter housing( current oil filter housing leaks). Did the thread replacement but in boost it leaks so got a replacement. Ill have that done and zzperformance oil volume mod kit , ups the oil pressure. Keeping the ST2 cam and Pnp intakes, want to get the Camaro where I can DD it if need be, put less miles on my truck. Still plan on getting it painted next year. But the turbo won't be going on until Ive driven it with out any problems. Ill turbo it with the VS cam thats in it , did before and no problems, actually ran pretty good. My dads not doing so well, has Alzheimer's and blockages in his heart. Doctors gave him a year and hes surpassed that. Have to take over my moms mortgage since she doesn't have the funds. Long story, So ill get as much as it done as I can. Will keep ya all updated.

Comment

So I said screw it, Im doing the ST2 cam and double roller timing chain. In November. Along with my P/P intakes. And other mods/ repair.

Comment

Dang, you're like me. I don't get a chance to drive the bird as much either. The older I get the least I get around to it.

Looking forward to seeing your turbo setup.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                          Dang, you're like me. I don't get a chance to drive the bird as much either. The older I get the least I get around to it.

Looking forward to seeing your turbo setup.
                          Yeah, turbo maybe next year , still have to repaint the Camaro and add the SS stripes. My plan for November is cam , intakes and double roller. Also add the 3" cutout. Probably June next year get it painted. Turbo , as soon as my back feels up to it. Which maybe never, might have to have my mechanic come up and help me. Hardest part would be installing the turbo headers.

Comment

Talked to my mechanic today, he said he would do the cam install , he was iffy about it last time I spoke with him. I added acouple of hundred of dollars so It’s going to be $1200 for everything.Im excited. Going to do it late November. So this is what he’s doing:
                            ST2 cam install, P&P intakes on, double roller install with putting on new oil filter housing, OER lifters, oil volume mod, New FPR ,replacing rear ABS sensor , fixing reverse lights. Not bad for $1200 I think.
                            Last edited by ssms5411; 10-19-2019, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Dropping it off Sunday, he said probably a week. I’m excited.lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                10 hours ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X