X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LETZRIDE
    replied
    Originally posted by Turbovert01 View Post

I wanted to run E85 actually, but its my daily and E85 is hard to come by around here, will start with 93 and may switch over one day.
    Have you looked into Meth? I want to run meth even on my NA car. Aside from the cooling benefits pure meth will give you an octane rating of 116 when sprayed with the use of 91 octane in the tank.

Especially being a turbo car the benefits are way bigger than NA cars

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Yeah no E85 close here. Would be even sweet to run 93 too. Only 91 here.

Leave a comment:

• Turbovert01
    replied
    Originally posted by alex553 View Post
    Also if you can, make the switch to e85
    I wanted to run E85 actually, but its my daily and E85 is hard to come by around here, will start with 93 and may switch over one day.

Leave a comment:

• Turbovert01
    replied
    Update: Just pulled an L32 out of 2006 Gran Prix (supercharger and all) with 85k on it for 800$. Literally the only one on Long Island we could find and with low mileage, I want the lower compression to run more boost safely.

Leave a comment:

• alex553
    replied
    Also if you can, make the switch to e85

Leave a comment:

• alex553
    replied
    I recommend just buying and l26 block from a lucern or something similar, it will hold

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    No idea, when mine goes its a L26 block with forged pistons. Never looked up zzperformance engine blocks before but they should be reliable I would think, they've been around along time, and mabbco never heard of them.

Leave a comment:

• Turbovert01
    replied
    I’m deciding whether I want to have an L67 rebuilt by MABBCO, which has mixed reviews, or pull one out of a junkyard. ZZP is a huge believer in saying the the bottom end is built the best and the rebuilds actually have a higher failure rate. Do you have any experience with this?

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Yeah, always look for KR and A/F. A month isn't too bad.

Leave a comment:

• Turbovert01
    replied
    I’m not really sure what either was I have the scan on HPtuners but wasn’t looking at timing or A/F, I just blindly trusted the tune. I know my own fault. Hopefully will have the car running again in a month.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    There probably better rods since they replaced the L67, you'll have to use your heads since the l67 has the fuel injector in the head not in the intake and all the accessories. Good luck with the build. How much timing were you running? And what was your A/F?

Leave a comment:

• Turbovert01
    replied
    Good advice. I think ive decided to drop compression to 8.5:1 to be able to run higher boost. That being said I am now between an L32 and L67 block. I understand the L32 has stronger rods, how much better is the L32 bottom end then the L67 or are they pretty much the same? Also will my L36 top end I just built all bolt on to the bare block?
    Last edited by Turbovert01; 05-21-2019, 01:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    There's also a option to get a L26 block its the same as a L36 but has powered coated L32 rods. Have to strip the block and use all the accessories off your L36 . They were in buick Lucernes and grand prixs that weren't supercharged. Look for 05-08 L26's. Might be wrong on the years they came in. Or search this site for L26 swap.

Leave a comment:

• Turbovert01
    replied
    If I had the time and money that is what I would ideally want to do. I can get a new rebuilt L67 block from MABBCO for 995$, which has lower compression at 8.5:1 compared to the L36 9.4:1. I am reading in forums that this lower compression will make it harder for me to gain HP with lower boost. I'm not sure what to do, get the L67 block or L36 block.

Leave a comment:

• ssms5411
    replied
    Checked ZZPERFORMANCE, they have rhe JE forged pistons about the same price as Diamond pistons. They also have L32 rods and clevlite 77 bearings.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
    Hello everyone!
    by Andy H
    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
    2 weeks ago
  • 3.4 slow to go
    hey there strangers!
    by 3.4 slow to go
    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
    2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X