Zinc coated 98+ rotors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zinc coated 98+ rotors

So a couple of days ago I pulled my 98+ rotors out, got them about 10 years ago so I could do my 98+ brake swap. They were rusted , so soaked them in white vinegar to clean them up, worked great, so I then sprayed them in Zinc coating. Came out alright. Hope to get the swap done this summer. Heres some pics of before and after.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

oh wow! nice results. How long did you have to soak them for? And did you take them to a shop to have them turned or are you still reusing the same pads?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
      oh wow! nice results. How long did you have to soak them for? And did you take them to a shop to have them turned or are you still reusing the same pads?
      Soaked for about 2 hours, there new just had them sitting for about 10 years, will probably go on this summer when I upgrade to 98+ brakes.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yeah didn't get a pic of them after the vinegar, but after they soaked, hit them with a scotch pad and sprayed them with brake cleaner then painted, don't know if I'll try and get the 98+ brakes on or I'll have my mechanic friend do them, I hate messing with brakes. Although I did do my drum to disc conversion in the rear. But I had a garage back then.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
          Hello everyone!
          by Andy H
          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
          2 weeks ago
        • 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X