Engine Running Hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Running Hot

My engine runs hot but only during hot weather. Is this a flow or radiator problem? It doesn't overheat but gets close to it. Thanks.

What temp is it running at in hot weather?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

About 200. It real Steady at 180 all the time, except warmer/hot weather. Thanks.

Comment

Unless you have the computer reprogrammed or a fan switch it will heat up, 200 isn't high at all I think the low fans are 220 and high fans is 235 . So your good.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Im in AZ so its hot, run anywhere between 210 and 220 thats with programmed pcm and fan switch. Also extended air dam for RK sport since I have ground effects. This is during the summer.

Comment

Scan of factory settings - not sure where I got it from.
            Attached Files
            Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Look like a hptuners screen shot.

Comment

Are you going by the gauge in the cluster or an actual scan of what the temperature is? It sounds like you are within factory parameters. When mine started running hot I found that only my low fan was kicking on and my high fan was not. If you can use a scanner to command them both on you can verify. If you don't have a scanner, I think by turning the AC on it will engage both fans *I think* - when I get my camaro out of storage I could verify this for sure, unless someone else can chime in.

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Thank you for the help! I'm so use to it running 180 that I worry. In traffic, it MAY get to 210 but once I get going it lowers. Thanks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                    Had to get another phone
                    by ssms5411
                    Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                    1 week ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Leaking front cover
                    by ssms5411
                    So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • transamtom1
                    Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                    by transamtom1
                    Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X