My Current 97 RS Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
    I would leave the air dam, helps cool the radiator at highway speeds, my front is cut out and it still heats up, thats with the RK sport extended air dam too.
    I also dont use wiper fluid since I just use rain x all the time and detail it often enough so the wiper fluid and plastics are out of the way. Also, Im getting the tubular front bumper, so I already took that whole thing out for measurements. Then with the tune, i set it up to have the fans come on earlier. Got a 180 thermostat in it as well. That car never sees over 195.

97 30th RS. 204rwhp, 238rwtq (for now)
    SCCA AutoX and Track Night Road Course Car.
    Rather drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

Comment

I would still leave it in, I run without the bumper ,drilled 160 stat and programed with hptuners , with high/low fan switch. Especially since you want to turbo it. Just running on the highway N/A I was seeing 220 temp in cooler weather, didn't use the fan switch, wanted to see how high it would go, and it got pretty high.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
        I would still leave it in, I run without the bumper ,drilled 160 stat and programed with hptuners , with high/low fan switch. Especially since you want to turbo it. Just running on the highway N/A I was seeing 220 temp in cooler weather, didn't use the fan switch, wanted to see how high it would go, and it got pretty high.
        That might be from the drilled 160 thermostat. Anything under 180 is for strict racing purposes only. It doesnt collect enough heat from the engine when its that low. On a hot track day, my temp didnt get above 210. When I do a turbo kit, Im going to be spraying meth to help keep the temps down a bit as well.
        And awesome, I use HPTuners as well for mine! I wish their interface was a little more user friendly like SCT, and SCT doesnt support our Camaros anyhow, but HPTuners definitely seems to have a little more to it.

Comment

Sounds good, ill try a 180 then.
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Looks like it is all coming along awesome!

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

So fun fact of the day. 1 year ago today my fiance lived every womans dream of smashing her boyfriends car. Take a fun little look. lol
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl3A2SnxL8E

Comment

lol whatever helps get it out

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  3 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X