My Current 97 RS Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Current 97 RS Project

So this is going to be an ongoing blog if you will where I will constantly be posting as I do new things to my current 97 RS. I bought this red 5 speed RS for 2k and I went from just north of the MD border, all the way to Massachusetts for this thing. It was all stock when I got it, but not in the best of condition admittedly. But I already drove all the way up there with a trailer, so I wasnt leaving without it. I am a little tired so I wanted to make sure this was started. Ill be updating later today or tomorrow. For now, I will leave you with a couple pics of when I first got it back here. And no I dont use wawa gas, I just parked there to get pictures.

Click image for larger version

Name:	27867983_1399870883452397_3059273423923377158_n.jpg
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	1572970Click image for larger version

Name:	27858835_1399870936785725_6719879853978791226_n.jpg
Size:	111.6 KB
ID:	1572969Click image for larger version

Name:	28058720_1399870916785727_4935624023669357937_n.jpg
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	1572968

97 30th RS. 204rwhp, 238rwtq (for now)
    SCCA AutoX and Track Night Road Course Car.
    Rather drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow.

Looks good for a 97' , whats the plan for it?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Nice little project - looking forward to seeing it all unfold!

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
        Looks good for a 97' , whats the plan for it?
        Im using this car for road course racing. I am in the works of a brand new performance part that will be tested on this actually. If all goes well, the 3.8l guys will have a brand new part that they can get once I can produce more. After that, this will be twin turboed with a custom made set up. I plan to put in an LT1 T56 trans in place of the T5 trans. Then there is a bunch of normal performance mods, suspension mods, appearance mods, the whole 9. Im going to hide some parts that relate to what Im testing, but Ill upload my list for the most part soon.

Comment

This is most of the list. Some parts are possibly questionable, but I have my reasons for each and every part. If something seems weird, ask and Ill explain my reason for it.

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Size:	266.7 KB
ID:	1572976

Comment

Little small to read on my phone, switched to laptop and still hard to read, but made out some of them. Any engine mods? If going with a Twin turbo setup, I would imagine alot of engine mods.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Are those all installed parts already or ones you have bought and will be installing?

I am interested in seeing a how to on the watts link install

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
              1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Little small to read on my phone, switched to laptop and still hard to read, but made out some of them. Any engine mods? If going with a Twin turbo setup, I would imagine alot of engine mods.
                Sorry about that, if I made the image any bigger, it was just enormous and you had to scroll around to see it all. The turbo set up is a separate list. This is just the N/A build sheet for it. Im still going through parts and putting the turbo list together. For the twin turbos, since Im road racing, they are going to be smaller turbos. So technically besides cam and springs, I dont need much. But just because Im all about making things last, I will be looking into crank, rods, and pistons. Possibly machining the head, then the obvious injectors and plugs.

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
                  Are those all installed parts already or ones you have bought and will be installing?

I am interested in seeing a how to on the watts link install
                  These are all things I have to buy. As things get adjusted to 0 is what will represent what I have bought. So after a few parts bought, I will reupload this with the changed figures to show the overall progress. The daily driving list is first. Then the racing and show lists are being done together top to bottom. So #1 on racing, #1 on show, #2 on racing, #2 on show, and so on. Although considering Im tall, Im about to move suicide doors into daily driving.... So tired of struggling to get in and out of my car and they would make it so much easier honestly. When I do the watts link, I can certainly do an install. Definitely let me know of anything on this list you would like to have a write up on and I can do it as I put it all together.

Comment

Since your road racing are you swapping brakes at all, good upgrade is 98+ brakes?

Comment

Since your road racing are you swapping brakes at all, good upgrade is 98+ brakes?
                      I actually already have brakes swapped in. I have EBC dimpled front rotors and yellow stuff pads, then slotted rear rotors (swapped the rear in from an ss) and normal semi metallics back there right now. Also has stainless steel brake lines, and prostop calipers.

Comment

So Ill start going through my modifications. First one was a piece I have had for 7 years since I got my 94 that I just never got around to putting on. I know there are mixed feelings about this, but I really love the look and the fact I can take the rear window out. Its the RK Sportback for the hatch. I have an interesting video for this as well. So heres a couple pics before the other mods that came (rs lip kit) and the video.

Name:	28378607_1412175305555288_1446217447818710643_n.jpg
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	1572985

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl3A2SnxL8E

Comment

Doesn't look bad, I thought about doing this also.

Comment

Now I'm really going to have to get my *** in gear and install all the parts listed on my website - now stacked floor to ceiling on the garage shelves - Steve's seen it. :)
                            Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
                              Now I'm really going to have to get my *** in gear and install all the parts listed on my website - now stacked floor to ceiling on the garage shelves - Steve's seen it. :)
                              Yeah, you got a alot Robert, time to get cracking on the installs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X