Blinking ses light only at WOT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blinking ses light only at WOT

So my Camaro is running better but at WOT I get a blinking SES light, only at WOT and it goes back off and when I pull the codes its PO300 random misfire. The cars running great at WOT ,so I have no clue anymore. Replaced every sensor on it except for the crank sensor. Vac. lines look good. Air/fuel is at 12.5ish at WOT have a cam so run it alittle rich. Any other suggestions before I take it into a dealer.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 07-25-2018, 01:46 PM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Originally posted by Camaro3800v6
    Nice article, already went through of what they said. Forgot to add plugs ,wires, coils and icm is new. Running the ngk tr55s at .055. I think im going to try a case relearn on it, see if that helps any. I wish it had a mis that I could feel ,I'd be better off trying to find it but when i took it out today it ran great except for the blinking ses light.
    Last edited by ssms5411; 07-25-2018, 06:33 PM.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

How much boost are you running?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
      1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
        How much boost are you running?
        Its n/a at the moment. Just the VS cam and heads etc.

Comment

Took it out today with the transmissions tables fixed with hptuners, still get the damm blinking light. Im going to scan it next time and see if ai can pick up anything in the scans with hptuners. New tune with the transmissions tables fixed have it running awesome. I like it , thanks to Mike, Letzride.

Comment

Glad the changes made a big difference Steve- with regards to the misfires, just make sure you aren’t chasing ghosts and as silly as it sounds, insure none of your wires are burnt, nothing is broken at the connection terminals, coils are good, and none of yourr plugs are broken. The one plug in the passenger side is a pain and I have cracked the porcelain in the past installing it- and that can cause misfires.

See if you can get us a scan of what’s going on- this is certainly an odd issue to have.

Comment

Glad the changes made a big difference Steve- with regards to the misfires, just make sure you aren’t chasing ghosts and as silly as it sounds, insure none of your wires are burnt, nothing is broken at the connection terminals, coils are good, and none of yourr plugs are broken. The one plug in the passenger side is a pain and I have cracked the porcelain in the past installing it- and that can cause misfires.

See if you can get us a scan of what’s going on- this is certainly an odd issue to have.
              Yeah it has me stumped, ill start double checking things out, ill scan it and send you the log. Thanks again.

Comment

Took the Camaro out, finally got a po306 code along with the po300 random misfire code , now I know where to start waiting for it to cool down, I read it with hptuners and not the aeroforce gauge. I think the hptuners picks up more when scanning. Will let you know what I find.

Comment

Heres a pic of number 6 plug wire. I think i need new heat sleeves. Mine look pretty old.

Comment

Ill find out tomorrow if that was the problem.

Comment

A while back I had a blinking SES light when accelerating and I believe my serpentine belt was worn. found this also https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ire-p0300.html
                      Last edited by Camaro3800v6; 08-02-2018, 06:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Camaro3800v6 View Post
                        A while back I had a blinking SES light when accelerating and I believe my serpentine belt was worn. found this also https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...ire-p0300.html
                        Tensioner was just replaced, I do have some belt slippage I hear at WOT when it shifts, do to the alternator pulley being smaller since its a 200amp alternator. But taking it out today will see.

Comment

Its fixed, thanks for your guys help, it was the damm plug wire on #6 heat sleeves are pretty worn, ordered some 2500 degree heat sleeves. Now to move on to something else, got my reverse lights to look at and the oil filter housing and double roller to do.

Comment

That’ll do it! Sometimes the answers are going back to basics and looking at the simple things we tend to over look because we believe it to be more complicated.

Glad you figured out the issue Steve

Comment

That’ll do it! Sometimes the answers are going back to basics and looking at the simple things we tend to over look because we believe it to be more complicated.

Glad you figured out the issue Steve
                              Thanks, yeah my heat sleeves are pretty old had them more than 10 years and I think their not 2500 degree sleeves too. I was getting ready to check the plug wires before it finally threw the code. Im scanning with Hptuners from now on , I don't trust the Aeroforce gauge anymore.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X