Power steering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power steering

Just replaced my power steering pump and hoses (nice to be rid of that smell from the leak). I used the Lisle 39000 no-slip pulley puller from Amazon. I highly recommend it for pulling and installing the power steering pulley. Otherwise the install is pretty straight forward. Be careful not to cross-thread the hydraulic fittings as the thread is a fine pitch.

Also, the non-pressurized feed hose from the reservoir to the pump isn't available on the auto parts websites as a pre-cut item for the car. You will need to order a length of it and cut it yourself: I used EDELMANN 71207 from Rock Auto.

Nice, I used a vice on mine to install the pulley. Its been about 10 years since Ive done mine.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods ,see Homepage. GT35R Turbo http://www.cardomain.com/ride/244123...vrolet-camaro/

Comment

Originally posted by Focsle View Post
      Also, the non-pressurized feed hose from the reservoir to the pump isn't available on the auto parts websites as a pre-cut item for the car. You will need to order a length of it and cut it yourself: I used EDELMANN 71207 from Rock Auto.
      That's what eBay is for - I have three spares.

Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post

That's what eBay is for - I have three spares.
        Correct, found on ebay for $27 shipped.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods ,see Homepage. GT35R Turbo http://www.cardomain.com/ride/244123...vrolet-camaro/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
          Po300 random misfire is back
          ssms5411
          Like title says random misfire is back, hard to start also, have to give it gas when cranking it over to start for about 2 years now, thought it was something...
          1 day ago
        • 2.8 Bird
          Walbro 255?
          2.8 Bird
          So I was about to purchase this from ebay and the seller told me it won't work for my 98 v6 firebird.

He said it's only for v8. I thought...
          1 week ago
        • ssms5411
          Dtc 341 cam sensor
          ssms5411
          So last few times Ive started and let the Camaro run for 20min. I ve got a dtc 341 cam sensor, replaced the sensor about a couple of months ago, when...
          1 week ago
        • ssms5411
          Found a good used console
          ssms5411
          Got one off ebay, mines cracked in a few places . And of course the lid is broken off, all the used ones off ebay had them all broken off. Also got some...
          2 weeks ago
        • Phillpatton18
          Exhaust manifold bolts
          Phillpatton18
          Having trouble with the passenger side exhaust manifold bolts. Any advice to make the job easier. Been a pain in the ass...
          2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X