Lifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifters

I'm doing head gaskets on my 98 camaro 3.8, and since I'm a be down in the engine i wanted to replace the lifters. But was trying to see what kind of lifters would y'all recommend.

Are you going to be modding it (cam) or anything? You can do LS7 lifters, or if your modding it Comp OER lifters, but I think the LS7 are stock replacement now.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yes i plan on putting a new cam in. I see a lot on ebay .But are they any good .

Comment

Are you staying N/A, or nitrous or turbo in the future? Post specs of the cam, I would personally shop at ZZP or Intense for a cam since their dedicated to the 3800.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Staying n/a.

Comment

Post the cam specs or a link to what your thinking of buying.

Comment

Also check ZZP gt2 cam it has nice specs but youll need new valve springs with whatever cam you go with, so plan on some Comp 105lb valve springs, might well do Viton guide seals while your at it. Since youll have the heads off anyways you can touch up the head's.
              Last edited by ssms5411; 02-15-2018, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ch3vyman816 View Post
                Yes i plan on putting a new cam in. I see a lot on ebay .But are they any good .
                I'd be weary of ebay cams unless it is a comp cam - feel free to post what you're looking at and we can comment on the specs based on the rest of your setup

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't stock lifters in our v6 pretty adequate for cam mod. Wouldn't it be springs and rockers that need to be replaced when going with aggressive cams.

Comment

Depends on the cam and what rpms hes going with, OP, you might need bigger injectors and a tune also. The Comp OERS are good for 6500 rpms. With my VS cam I shift at 6200 rpms but I also run the comp oers.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X