No announcement yet.

v8 engine swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's what I'm wanting to do is some bolt-ons. what are some of the names of headers, exhaust and intakes, or what cars i can get this off of.

Comment

Pacesetter are the headers and you just take your car to a exhuast shop and have them put a 3" exhaust on, although Summit sells a Dynomax 3" over the axle exhaust pipe for like $125 shipped thats the only part youll need since most exhaust shops dont have a mandrel bender. Youll pay close to $300-400 for a 3" exhaust. Youll need a 3" cat too. Then pick your muffler with tips, Dynomax super turbo muffler is one of the best mufflers for sound. But theres flowmaster , magneflow and tons of others to choose from. For a lid youll have to shop around.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ch3vyman816 View Post
        That's what I'm wanting to do is some bolt-ons. what are some of the names of headers, exhaust and intakes, or what cars i can get this off of.
        Pacesetter makes a set of headers for these cars... but here's the thing - if you plan on going turbo, forget the headers as you'll need to either make a custom set or use the set that comes with a kit as the pacesetters won't work (nor will any other N/A headers/exhaust manifolds for that matter)

What do you plan on using the car for? You mentioned show car...are you going to be racing with it? What type of racing? Drag? Road Course? Auto cross? Is it just going to be a weekend cruiser that you open up every so often on some clear road for a little exhilaration? Is it just a daily driver you want to have a little more fun with?

And then - what is your technical knowledge background when it comes to doing the work? How much mechanical skill do you have?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
        1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

It will be a daily driver to just have some fun in and show off my work.

Comment

well if it were me then start off with the bolt ons and get comfortable with your car...a little weight reduction (light weight suspension, rims, remove unnecessary weight) try and dive into doing some tuning on your own and see what you like/don't like about your car...then from there you can make a plan on what you want to do based on what type of performance you want to gain and what things you want to sacrifice as a result

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to get another phone
              by ssms5411
              Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
              1 week ago
            • ssms5411
              Leaking front cover
              by ssms5411
              So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
              2 weeks ago
            • transamtom1
              Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
              by transamtom1
              Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X