96 firebird 3.8 head gasket or cracked cylinder head help! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

96 firebird 3.8 head gasket or cracked cylinder head help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 96 firebird 3.8 head gasket or cracked cylinder head help!

Hey everyone. I have been in the process of reviving my bird...

Has been sitting for a couple years and was overheating before i put her into her slumber.

So fast forward to present. I have drained the coolant. Old dexcool garbage. I changed the upper rad hose and thermostat was going to begin doing a flush. However i was pouring water in to do a flush but the after pouring over the rated amount it still wasnt full... Thats when i was starting to fear the coolant was in the engine block. Opened up oil drain pan and there she was, water and oil mix.

My question now is... Should i go ahead and start changing all the gaskets, or what??? I really want her back on the road but not sure what to do. Any advice?

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
    Hello everyone!
    by Andy H
    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
    3 weeks ago
  • 3.4 slow to go
    hey there strangers!
    by 3.4 slow to go
    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
Working...
X