3.4 V6 Rough Idle issue when engine is cold. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3.4 V6 Rough Idle issue when engine is cold.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 V6 Rough Idle issue when engine is cold.

Hello everyone! This is my first post on the site, so I am learning as I go. I have a 95 Firebird with a 3.4 V6, Borg Warner T5 5 Speed Tranny. The engine has a little over 106,000 miles on it. When I start the car it has a rough Idle. It misses and seems to get worse if you give it gas. After the engine warms up the car runs fine. I know the computer runs on a closed loop until the engine warms up. Just curious what you guys thought what may be causing this issue. And what I can due to fix it. Thanks so much for any help I get!

Re: 3.4 V6 Rough Idle issue when engine is cold.

The 3.4's are notorious for running super rich during cold start ups. The colder the temps the worse it runs. I pulled fuel from the fuel map during start-ups with my cats tuner software. Best thing to do is to make sure your spark plugs are clean and the ignition is in good condition but other then changing the fuel map you will have to live with it.

Comment

Re: 3.4 V6 Rough Idle issue when engine is cold.

Thanks for the help. I can believe it cause the car has always had this issue every winter. It puts me in the mind of a carbureted engine on a cold morning. The complete ignition system is new so I guess all thats left to do is hope for warmer weather. Thanks for the reply 3.4grapeofwrath.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
        Hello everyone!
        by Andy H
        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
        2 weeks ago
      • 3.4 slow to go
        hey there strangers!
        by 3.4 slow to go
        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X