Blend Door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blend Door

Has anyone replaced the blend door? I have 97 Firebird that was checked out and I was told it's probably the blend door. Thanks.

Re: Blend Door

Whats a blend door?
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

the blend door allows the air to switch form cold to hot, when you turn the cold/hot knob on the dash, theres also blend doors for the vents/floor/defrost

Comment

Originally posted by fbodyrs96 View Post
        the blend door allows the air to switch form cold to hot, when you turn the cold/hot knob on the dash, theres also blend doors for the vents/floor/defrost
        Thanks didn't know that.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

ive heard of them, never talked to someone who actually had to replace them though.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
          http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
          Or this

Comment

My A/C checks out fine but just doesn't cool. That's why I'm going to replace blend door.

Comment

After having my car for 18 years , I think thats the only thing on my car I haven't had to mess with is the A/C controls. Good luck with it.

Comment

probably helps you never have to switch the ac off in zona, lol

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                Or this

Comment

You *Should* hear the blend door actuator "clunk" when going from heat to ac. If you don't hear the clunk then your actuator might have gone out. I'm not exactly sure where it's located though. :twak:
                  96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
                    probably helps you never have to switch the ac off in zona, lol
                    Thats def. true,LOL I haven't had my heater on in about 5 or more years, now its bypassed for the coolant lines for the turbo.

Comment

lucky bastard lol. there have been times this winter where i was wishing someone would set me on fire just to stay warm haha.

Follow me!
                      Or this

Comment

Old post but I got the a/c working but I need a new blend door. Anyone know where to get one? Thanks.

Comment

Are you talking about the blend door actuator?

Don't really have a whole lot of knowledge on that. Perhaps O'Reilly.

Comment

did U try ebay?

Comment

Actuator is fine. The blend door is not sealing off allowing hot air from the heater core to mix in with the a/c. The air from the evaporator is ice cold but coming out the vents it's just cool.

No luck on Ebay.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X