X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cold Start LOUD knocking sound

Originally posted by Need4Camaro View Post
    well. its definately a knock.
    Oil 10W30 Conventional and I had to switch from synthetic to conventional for 2 oil changes because I now live in an apartment and the car sits on the side of a street and I cant justify paying 75 for a synthetic oil change.

Like I said before, this car hasnt really driven in severe cold weather asside from one snow storm in Atlanta but I dont think it knocked. It only happens at startup when its pretty cold out. as in below 40's cold
    $75 for synthetic oil? Are you paying $12 quart? I use NAPA synthetic. Its only $5.49 qt. Other brands here are only $7-$8.50 qt. Spending an extra $20 each oil change is by far the cheapest and best thing you can do for your engine.

Comment

Are you taking it to Jiffy Lube or someplace like that? That's the only way I could see an oil change costing $75. When I change the oil myself, a synthetic oil change costs $30. And, I know it's done right.
      2002 Silver Firebird A4<br />T-Tops, Leather, Y87, W68, Chrome Wheels<br />Bone Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Rob Bell View Post
        Are you taking it to Jiffy Lube or someplace like that? That's the only way I could see an oil change costing $75. When I change the oil myself, a synthetic oil change costs $30. And, I know it's done right.
        Not only Spiffy Jube, but any major oil change place around here. I can't do my own oil changes as I have no place to do them. I had a driveway / garage in Atlanta but in Seattle I live in an apartment in which I have to parrallel park on a main road. No place to do an oil change on my own or I would be more than happy to continue doing synthetic oil changes for $35
        1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Camaro View Post
          Not only Spiffy Jube, but any major oil change place around here. I can't do my own oil changes as I have no place to do them. I had a driveway / garage in Atlanta but in Seattle I live in an apartment in which I have to parrallel park on a main road. No place to do an oil change on my own or I would be more than happy to continue doing synthetic oil changes for $35
          you dont need a 'place' to do an oil change. the street works just fine. heck, pull into a walmart parking lot and do it if you need space. it only takes like 20 minutes.
          Dave:
          00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
          97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by 3.4grapeofwrath View Post
            It's called piston slap. These motors are notorious for it.
            So are the LS1's.:rolleyes:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              2 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X