Headlight Arm not seating properly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight Arm not seating properly.

The arm that connects to the motor is not going deep enough to meet the physical buffer on the headlight motor itself. It just slides right past it making for a very awkward closed position. Any way to fix this?
    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Re: Headlight Arm not seating properly.

Seriously need help on this guys, my driverside headlight is now unable to to stop functioning when turned out. the arm is missing both tabs and results in it going in a full 360 circle and the headlight goes up and down and up and down and up and down indefinitely without ever stopping when the headlights are turned out.

Comment

post picture, its missing the tabs? get the tabs lol
      Last edited by whitdog54; 10-26-2011, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by whitdog54 View Post
        post picture, its missing the tabs? get the tabs lol
        Its too dark down there for my Camera phone - I have no way of doing so and these tabs are the buffers of which stops the arm and there's two of them, they sit just outside of the headlight motor but they're not something you can "buy" they're apart of the whole headlight assembly

Comment

i know what your talking about, one of mine is missing too but my headlight motor goes down fine? have you tried manually lowering the headlight all the way down til it seats right?>

Comment

The headlight motors are about as stupid as a design as it can get. They go until they meet resistance, at which point the computer turn them off sensing the electrical resistance, or they "time out". You need to either replace the part with the missing tabs, or rig some way to physically stop the headlight in the correct position. Hard to give advice on the description you gave, but also make sure the gear isn't stripped, and the arm isn't on backwards. I've had to deal with both of those problems. A good site that might have what you need: Link
            Last edited by Atrum Rosa; 10-26-2011, 04:34 PM. Reason: link

Comment

Okay, apparently the word censor won't let me link the site correctly.

Go to: http://rodneyd!ckman.com/catalog/index.php

and replace the ! with an i.

Comment

There's a tab or a stopper. Is that missing? The knob should rotate all the way.

I just fixed mine early this year and I installed brass gears in them.

Comment

ya there is 2 bump stops that stop the motor. Just throw a bolt, some washers and nuts in there. Itd be the same thing

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                    Had to get another phone
                    by ssms5411
                    Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                    1 week ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Leaking front cover
                    by ssms5411
                    So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • transamtom1
                    Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                    by transamtom1
                    Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X