main seal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• main seal

so i found out today my rear main seal is leaking. unfortunately the shop told me itd be around 500-600 dollars. i was wondering since they're gonna have it torn apart what else should i have replaced since they have it torn apart?

Re: main seal

I'd be interested in ideas as well, my rear main is leaking pretty bad right onto my new y-pipe :(

Comment

Mine is leaking too. The cost there is dropping the transmission to reach the seal. There really isnt too much else besides that seal in there. I suppose you could have them check out your transmission mounts. I've got nothing other than that.

Comment

The seal itself is cheap, it's just the labour involved in dropping the tranny (as said above).

If the leak is slow it's usually cheaper to just top the oil up when ever it needs it.
        In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
        2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

depends on if you have an auto or manual

Comment

i have a manual. i was thinking should i just get my clutch and flywheel replaced?

Comment

you dont need a new flywheel, but if you have the money, you might as well do a clutch, slave cylinder, and pilot bushing, unless your car has low miles

Comment

How much would that cost? I've got 125k on all those stock pieces..

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  3 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X