Newish Weird noise... Any help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newish Weird noise... Any help?

The Camaro has been away for about a month and a half now, the noise started right before I put it away (I said heck with it and stored it anyway without worrying about it). I had to move the car today to get at something and noticed the same noise again. I drove it down the street and there is no performance change at all. I'm wondering if it is nothing? something simple? or what?
    I've never heard the noise before. Video quality isn't that good... I figured the sound on my camera would be better than the 720P video of my Blackberry.

Here is a link to a video of the sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4lmisMwhas

It almost sounds like a "zzzt" "zzzt" every once in a while... Have a listen, any help from you guys would be great.
    In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
    2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Re: Newish Weird noise... Any help?

That was the sound my car was making before the water pump died horribly. Wish I had better news.

Comment

My guess would be either waterpump or alt.
      Remember that sometimes, silence is the best answer.<br />Warren White<br />1996 PoloGreen Coup <a href=\"http://vampyr.settanni.net/\" target=\"_blank\">http://vampyr.settanni.net/</a> <br />\"Jealousy\"<br /> CTFBA member of the month Sept 03

Comment

Alternator is basically brand new. 61k miles and waterpump? ouch... I'll keep an eye out. Thanks!
        In America's Hat!

1997 Camaro 30th 'vert... GT1 cam/C6 wheels/Flowmaster/HIDs/Viper 2 way alarm/Alpine audio mods up the wazoo
        2005 Equinox LT... mostly stock daily/Thule snowsports roof system/sound + interior mods

Comment

My benz was making that grinding sound too and it turned out to be the waterpump.

Ofcourse when my alternator was going out it sounded like a SuperCharger.

But since you said Alternator was new then it might be waterpump.

Comment

Pull the belt off and spin the water pump, idler and tensioner pulley, and alt, and see if any of them make funny noises or are hard to spin.
            Team NoVa

2000 Firebird- Intake, Pacesetters, !cat, full 2.5 to flowcrapster, 1.9 rockers, LS6 springs and Intense modded retainers, WS6 speedlines, T/A bumpers and hatch, 5 spd swapped, SOON TO BE nitrous'd and cammed.

Comment

Originally posted by flamingchicken View Post
              Pull the belt off and spin the water pump, idler and tensioner pulley, and alt, and see if any of them make funny noises or are hard to spin.
              He could also use a car stetiscope.

Comment

my guess would be the compressor

Comment

Originally posted by darkflare999 View Post
                  my guess would be the compressor
                  The AC compressor hasn't worked for about 2 years (no point in fixing it's a convertible)

Water pump is the only thing that would make sense, I hadn't thought of that. I will take a look next time I fire it up.
                  In America's Hat!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                    Had to get another phone
                    by ssms5411
                    Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                    1 week ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Leaking front cover
                    by ssms5411
                    So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • transamtom1
                    Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                    by transamtom1
                    Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X