Oil Leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Leak

I have a 98 Firebird, and ive been having an oil leak issue. Its a very samll leak, but its a nuscance and i want to get it fixed. I heard something about a Pressure Control Valve getting clogged and causeing a leak from the lower section of the engine. The leak IS in the lower section near the lower seal, im just hoping its not the seal. Every week or so i see a new oil spot on the driveway abut 3 IN in DIA. I have treid the oil additives to get it to stop leaking but nothing has worked. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Anyone have an idea of what theis pressure control valve is, what it does, and where its located on the eninge, and if it could be the prob?
    Thanks a Bunch!
    Adam
    1998 Firebird 3.8L<br />Whisper air lid with K&N<br />Texas Speed and Performance Rumbler catback<br />Hypertech 160 degree Powerstat<br />AIM ID= defect111<br />Groveland Township Firefighter

it could be your timing chain cover leaking,

the pressure control vavle control your oil PSI i beavlive it's behind the timing cover or in that area. (i haven't seen my car in a year and i never worked in that area) someone correct me if im wrong

it could be you oil pa sael or your rear main seal too vary common leak in our cars.
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

If the leak appears to be coming down the the back of the oil pan by the bolt where the exhaust is, then most likely it's ur rear main seal leaking.
      1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
        Hello everyone!
        by Andy H
        Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
        3 weeks ago
      • 3.4 slow to go
        hey there strangers!
        by 3.4 slow to go
        been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
        3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X