Car running hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car running hot

My 97 has about 70K miles. Around 4 or 5 months ago I replaced the water pump because it was leaking. It has been fine ever since until yesterday when I noticed it starting to run a little warm. Normally the temps get up to about 185-190 and the fans kick on and you see the temp drop to about 170-175. Yesterday the temps just get getting higher. My ride home it got just over 190 which is not normal. I know that is not really hot, but not normal for my car. Any ideas on what is wrong, I have not checked to see if the fans are coming on or not yet, but I think that may be the problem, is that any easy fix? Or maybe the thermostat, I did not replace that when I changed the pump and probably should have.

It's getting warmer out. Where do you live? Was it hot that day? Your car will obviously run hotter in warmer temps.
    2002 Navy Blue Camaro<br />Tinted Windows, Chrome Rims, West Wings Grill, Flowmaster Cat-Back.

Comment

that temp is nothing to get scared over
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Have you check your coolant level?
        1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Coolant level is fine. It has been running at
          "normal temps" the last couple days so I am not sure what the problem was. It may have been the weather, but it has been the same the last couple days and like I said it is running normal.

Comment

How about humidity? Makes us hotter, why can't it affect cars the same way? :D
            Check out my stable of supercharged W-Bodies <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=136\" target=\"_blank\">HERE</a><br /><b>\'97 Pontiac GP GTP Coupe</b><br /><b>\'98 Regal GS | L67 3800 Series II</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
              Had to get another phone
              by ssms5411
              Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
              1 week ago
            • ssms5411
              Leaking front cover
              by ssms5411
              So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
              2 weeks ago
            • transamtom1
              Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
              by transamtom1
              Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X