Headlight gear question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headlight gear question...

Which ones are stronger? Brass or Alluminum?

I had been having some issues with my passenger side headlight motor for quite some time and it got to the point where it wouldn't raise period. While I was flipping the switch off and on trying to get it to come up, my DRIVERSIDE headlight gear strips and now makes the grinding sound... So my passenger side headlight wont rise, and my driver side headlight gear is stripped.. ..I'm going to replace both with entirely new motors and the new motors have a screw design making the gear swap much simpler (which is the reason the passenger side has issues I believe)

Which gears should I put in my new motors?
    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Re: Headlight gear question...

Originally posted by Need4Camaro View Post
    Which ones are stronger? Brass or Alluminum?

I had been having some issues with my passenger side headlight motor for quite some time .........

Which gears should I put in my new motors?
    The brass are reported to be better, but I believe they are no longer available (new anyway). The last I read was the outfit that was making the brass gear is now only offering an aluminum gear. Either are stronger than the OE plastic.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
      Hello everyone!
      by Andy H
      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
      2 weeks ago
    • 3.4 slow to go
      hey there strangers!
      by 3.4 slow to go
      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
      2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X