rattling noise from roof...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rattling noise from roof...

So every time I go over a bump in my 2000 camaro there is a very annoying rattling noise coming from right above my head (right above the drivers seat). I don't have t-tops, just the standard roof... It sounds like a loose wire or something rattling around between the actual roof and the fabric cover, and when I push my hand up on the fabric really hard, It will not rattle, so I know something up there is loose. The question is... does anyone know what this is and how to get to it to fix (get under the interior roof fabric)?

Thank you,
    Bob

Re: rattling noise from roof...

there should be no wires that run up there. what it might be is the liner its self just banging against the roof.

Comment

The wires for your rear view mirror are around there might have came loose and hit the roof. They run where the mirror is at, might check that out , or if you have a alarm with a pager they run the sensor by the mirror also.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Thank you for the replies, do you know how to get to the liner or wires without ruining the interior?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
          Hello everyone!
          by Andy H
          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
          2 weeks ago
        • 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          2 weeks ago
        • ssms5411
          Had to get another phone
          by ssms5411
          Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
          4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X