smoke through the floor boards?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smoke through the floor boards?

up at the cottage on the weekend, no cars around, I decided to have a little fun with the line lock and the bald tires on the car...spun the tires up for a few seconds until it got nice and smokey, but two things happened that concerned me, and I don't exactly have answers for.

1) all 3 of my passengers complained the floor was getting ridiculously hot

2) there was some smoking coming in from the floor...more specfically from the rear of the console area and hatch

Anyone have an explanation for this?

I shredded both the tires pretty bad...actually you could fill up 1.5 coffee cups with the rubber left over...I didn't intend to really do it that bad...not sure why it did it that hardcore either...

anyways, should the floor getting hot and smoke coming in from the floor be a concern?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Re: smoke through the floor boards?

The hot is from your driveshaft or tranny area where the tunnel is inbetween the back seats, and the smoke will come up through where the shifter linkage is, I have had that before. both with the hot tunnel and smoke coming in the car from the shifter location. I used some dead mat this last time I had the console out and did as much as I could.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

ok, I'll look into the shift linkage area next time I have the interior stripped down. Why is the tranny area and driveshaft getting so hot?? is it from the smoke itself? lol...the guy in the said his seat got really hot, I know the cutout is right there, so I am wondering if that has anything to do with it as well?

Comment

I would say Yes, LOL I can't wait to get my line lock in, should be this week, I hope with my rear brake proportioning valve.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

YES your cut-out will do that!

Second, in the hatch corners you have a little air box thing that i supposed to equalize air pressure between cabin and atmosphere. Tire smoke, very dusty gravel roads, etc etc will leak up into there. I had the gravel issue, so I stuffed a shop rag into it and no more dust comes out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
            I would say Yes, LOL I can't wait to get my line lock in, should be this week, I hope with my rear brake proportioning valve.
            let me know if you need a hand with any of it...advice wise :p

Second, in the hatch corners you have a little air box thing that i supposed to equalize air pressure between cabin and atmosphere. Tire smoke, very dusty gravel roads, etc etc will leak up into there. I had the gravel issue, so I stuffed a shop rag into it and no more dust comes out of it.

I'll look into closing off that vent maybe...completely forgot about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandit127 View Post
              YES your cut-out will do that!

hmm never heard of this!! ill have to look. Where exactly are they?
              auto, aluminum driveshaft, Fast Toys Ram Air, !air silencer, smoothed lid, Pacesetter shorties, 2 1/2" exhaust, !cat

New Time:
              15.11@91.14
              Team 3M Mafia

New Times coming soon

Comment

i know one of them is in the driverside hatch...behind the carpet where the cubby hole is...not sure about any others...

Comment

My bad, lol, theres just one. A rag should prevent dust and such from coming in, without completely hindering its function. I at least know I don't have air pressure issues.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                    Hello everyone!
                    by Andy H
                    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • 3.4 slow to go
                    hey there strangers!
                    by 3.4 slow to go
                    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                    2 weeks ago
                  • ssms5411
                    Had to get another phone
                    by ssms5411
                    Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                    4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X