Its got a cd player!!!!...............that skips :( - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its got a cd player!!!!...............that skips :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its got a cd player!!!!...............that skips :(

I was driving home today and i was playing a cd and every time i hit the brake no matter how hard my cd would skip. i took out the cd and the thing was ****ing HOT my car was in the sun all day. I took it out and held it infront of the air and put in a diff cd and it was fine i locked up the breaks and skidded and the cd didnt skip. I put the other one in and it worked fine. any ideaS?
    We got this thing its called RADAR LOVE.

cd off balance
    www.turbov6camaro.com
    1997 3800 Series II Camaro
    4600 Stall for my ride to the mall :chug:
    7.18 @ 99.77 1/8 -1.8x sixty (current quickest v6 fbod)
    11.23 @ unk 5 1/4 - 7.19 1/8 - 1.83 sixty

Comment

Don't wreck your car over your CDs. Try to not let stuff like that distract you, or you might end up on a guard rail. [img]smile.gif[/img]
      My CDs come out very hot too.
      <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

hwo do u get it on balance
        We got this thing its called RADAR LOVE.

Comment

I've had 2 different cd players in my car and both of them, the cd comes out scolding hot. One time it was so hot I could hurt someone if I put the cd on them. I don't know if it's a normal thing or something is up with my wiring or what?

Comment

It's fairly normal, the head unit's amp is putting out heat, and there's not really any airflow inside the dash to cool it off. Scary when you almost burn your hand on a cd, but working as designed.

Might improve a bit if there's a rat's nest of wires behind the head unit and you tie them up nice to get a little more open air space back there.

Maybe run a cd laser lens cleaning disk in there just as regular maintenance.
            Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
            Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

Two words, deadhead cd player [img]smile.gif[/img]
              <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

Comment

Mine was doing the same thing, over every little bump and even on turns. I ran a CD cleaner in it, one off the shelf from Best Buy that you would use in a home CD player. Took 5 minutes and has been perfect ever since, not one skip.
                1999 Y87 Camaro<br />Whisper Lid, SLP SS Takeoff Exhaust

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                  Hello everyone!
                  by Andy H
                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                  3 weeks ago
                • 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X