spark plug wire diagram for 97 camaro 3.8? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

spark plug wire diagram for 97 camaro 3.8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spark plug wire diagram for 97 camaro 3.8?

i searched but couldnt find anything. maybe i'm using the wrong keyboards..

i have a 97 3.8 hesitating when driving.. and idling rough..and shutting off at idle. fuel pump is new and i tested it in another one.. works good. i get a code for random misfire. coil packs all test out fine. so i'm gonna change the spark plugs and wires

Re: spark plug wire diagram for 97 camaro 3.8?

just take one off and replace it with the new one, one at a time and you can't mess it up.
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

i've had the wires lose before..changing the coil packs and i think i might've put one in the wrong spot.

sounds like its missing at idle.. shutting off. misses when driving. wont even do a burn out.

Comment

http://media.photobucket.com/image/3...iringorder.gif

try that.

Comment

i have new coil packs and they dont have numbers on them.. so i dont know how to use that diagram u posted

Comment

http://www.fixya.com/uploads/Images/3098A58.jpg

Comment

if the plugs and wires dont work we have other ideas ;) but that is a good chance if you havent done them yet

Comment

it was the coil packs. havent drove it yet though. it runs better at idle though.

i need replacement bolts for where the headers connect to the exhaust. 2 bolts on each pipe. whats the size? and what type of thread should i get? the ones i used...came lose already. i bought them from ace

Comment

check your cat if you still have one. If you checked that and changed the coil packs and changed the spark plugs try having a intake flush done. I had one done with mine and it really helped out. What it was was the oil from my K&N air filter got into the plenum and clogged it up

Comment

Originally posted by 02silverbird View Post
                    check your cat if you still have one. If you checked that and changed the coil packs and changed the spark plugs try having a intake flush done. I had one done with mine and it really helped out. What it was was the oil from my K&N air filter got into the plenum and clogged it up
                    If a little bit of oil is clogging up your plenum then you have other problems. I'm willing to bet oil on the MAF was the culprit.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

car isnt running great i guess. does anyone have a diagram? that one posted doesnt isnt my engine.

lost my library card but i'll try to get a haynes/chilton book

Comment

I win!!!! MS Paint FTW

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                          Hello everyone!
                          by Andy H
                          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                          2 weeks ago
                        • 3.4 slow to go
                          hey there strangers!
                          by 3.4 slow to go
                          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X