question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question

ok i changed my thermostat and flushed my radiator and checked my oil and its not a milky brwn well i fill it up will preston 50/50 and next i check it to see if it needs more then i check it again a couple days later and still needs more. idk if im doing something wrong but today it went over 210 for a sec then went back down and then stayed at 210 for the whole drive i have a 180 thermost so what can be the problem?

Re: question

lol nice name....

Comment

Did you bleed the air from the system after putting it all back together and filling each time?

There is an air bleed valve up near the water pump.

Comment

just because you have a 180 degree thermo doesn't mean the coolant won't heat up over 180. the temp gauge measures how hot the coolant is. when your coolant hits 180 degrees, the thermostat will open and allow coolant to enter the motor, your gauge will always get up to about 200 approx., which is operating temperature.

Comment

210 is a normal operating temperature.

fill your rad up to full and let it drink, keep filling it for about 5 min, put the rad cap back on and start the car, there is a tiny screw on the thermostat housing, let the engine get to operating temp and turn the screw open, keep it open until a steady stream of coolant comes out with no bubbles

let the engine cool for a bit and fill the rad up, and you should be good.

Comment

If you have extended periods of idling getting through Houston traffic I would add a manual fan switch.

Comment

thanks ill do that since im going to the beach saturday dont need a bad coolong accident so when open the lil valve when the car is on?

Comment

Originally posted by techsan23 View Post
                If you have extended periods of idling getting through Houston traffic I would add a manual fan switch.
                i was thinking on doing that is there a write up or pic by pic to do it myself?

Comment

You can tune your fans to kick on sooner with HP tuners if you don't want a manual fan switch. I'd rather have my fans come on automatically and accordingly to the thermostat that I have installed in my car rather than constantly monitoring my temp gauge.

TEAM C6V6

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                    Hello everyone!
                    by Andy H
                    Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                    3 weeks ago
                  • 3.4 slow to go
                    hey there strangers!
                    by 3.4 slow to go
                    been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                    3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X