Power window issue - not the motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power window issue - not the motor

I've got a 98 camaro that the window is completely out of alignment, it either slides back and forth in the window slot, or tries to fall into the cockpit on the driver's side. Is this just the 2 guides at the top of the door frame, or is something more internal?

Re: Power window issue - not the motor

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...t=window+rivet

It's the rivet that attaches the center vertical track to the base of the window.

Originally posted by TheGr8Schlotzky View Post
    Same thing happened to me, and I fixed it for a few dollars. I took the guide that goes in the track out of the door, drilled a small hole in it, and tapped threads in. Then I used JB Weld to glue a relatively large, thick washer with a small center on either side of the hole where the rivet originally was. I then picked up a grade 8** bolt and tightened it up through the washers and into the threaded hole in the slider.

**Make sure you get grade 8. First time I did this, I used a random bolt I found in my garage, and within a couple weeks, it had snapped in half. There is a lot of stress on this section, and the washers help distribute the force, but the bolt must be very strong.

I'm also moving this to the General Tech section.
    Also see this thread:

http://forum.camarov6.com/showthread...t=window+rivet

Moving to General Tech.
    sigpic
    1996 Chevrolet Camaro
    1995 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
    --Appearance Moderator--

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
      Hello everyone!
      by Andy H
      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
      2 weeks ago
    • 3.4 slow to go
      hey there strangers!
      by 3.4 slow to go
      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
      2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X