Starter Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starter Help

Recently my starter in my car was dying. When id crank it I cloud hear the thing humming then id say after doing that twice it would start. Recently it died so i went and got a new starter. It barley cranked the car, but then when I got it home it would turn the fly wheel, but not fully so the car wouldn't crank anymore. After getting under the car I noticed that one of the bolts had a gap between it and the starter and after trying to tighten it I noticed that it was as tight on as it would go with a 1/2 in gap between the bottom of the starter and the bolt. I tried pushing washers up there and the starter still partially starts the car. Im thinking that the starter I got is bad too after all it was from a junk yard. It's like it will begin to start the car, but right before it fully cranks its like the starter will give up and start humming. I have a 3.4, but im thinking wouldn't the starter still start the car anyway even if that bolt isn't on all the way? Especially if its already partially starting the car? I got the replacement bolt from advance auto parts its the only size they had and its the same for o'reily and Auto Zone. I read the box and it said for 3.4L FWD I don't think they sell the replacement bolts in stores for our cars.... Anyway can somebody shed some light on this situation... Is the starter off balance or somthin or do you think its just bad?

Re: Starter Help

stupid question, but did you put the bolts back correctly?

im not familiar with the 3.4ls but every other engine i have worked on there were two different sized bolts on the starter

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
      Hello everyone!
      by Andy H
      Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
      3 weeks ago
    • 3.4 slow to go
      hey there strangers!
      by 3.4 slow to go
      been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
      3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X