Want to move trans cooler lines for more clearance... - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to move trans cooler lines for more clearance...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to move trans cooler lines for more clearance...

Was scoping out where to mount the engine oil dual filter. I decided on a location, but the trans feed/return to the radiator cooler are in the way.

Want to cut the trans lines near the stock oil filter location, and then change over to rubber hose between the cut and the radiator so the line can easily be run where I want it.

The issue I have is putting rubber hose over smooth tube. There should be a hose barb fitting, or at least a flair on the tube so the hoses cannot easily slide off.

A nice compression fitting on the steel lines would be nice, but I could live with a flared end.

I don't have a small tubing bender or flair tool.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Re: Want to move trans cooler lines for more clearance...

On my trans I ran barbed out from the tranny and barbed into the transcooler, so I can move the lines basicly anywhere to avoid stuff, I still have my dual cooler but I'm waiting to see how much room the turbo is going to take up when I'm finished, I migtht have to order the longer hoses for the oil remote to inststall it up front so it gets cooler air to it.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
      On my trans I ran barbed out from the tranny and barbed into the transcooler, so I can move the lines basicly anywhere to avoid stuff, I still have my dual cooler but I'm waiting to see how much room the turbo is going to take up when I'm finished, I migtht have to order the longer hoses for the oil remote to inststall it up front so it gets cooler air to it.
      So am I OK with using the standard hose (same as what comes with the trans cooler kit) to extend the trans hoses?

How much pressure does the trans pump put out?

Comment

BTW, I stopped at Advance Auto to pick up some stuff, and asked if they have transmission hose. Yep they do, in 5/16" so I took 6 feet. Thats enough to replace all the steel lines where I plan to cut them off. Also picked up a flair tool at Lowes. Was surprised to see they had that item, but I guess it goes with plumbing fixtures.

When I got home, the hose from Advance was not nearly as thick as the hose from B&M. I'll have to ask if they have a heavy duty version, but for now, it will work to get the trans cooler installed and hoses out of the way of the dual oil filters.

Also picked up 1 foot of 3/4" heater hose to cut in shot pieces and put around the trans lines where they might get chaffed.
        Last edited by Mark42; 04-14-2010, 02:23 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
          Hello everyone!
          by Andy H
          Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
          3 weeks ago
        • 3.4 slow to go
          hey there strangers!
          by 3.4 slow to go
          been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
          3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X