3.4 stutter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.4 stutter

I'd say around 40-55 mph, if I keep it at a constant speed it feels like it's stuttering a bit. I've changed plugs and fuel filter recently. Any suggestions? Could it be the wires or anything of that nature?

Re: 3.4 stutter

Does it only happen between 40-55 mph? If so you might want to check your throttle position sensor (tps) sensor. It tends to wear out over time.

Comment

If its not that. Then its your transmission. It deals with a transmission and the sunshell in connection with some kind of band (what a guy told me), and causes the rpms to be lower than what they need to be. And In turn you may get like a (studder or like a chug) happens to my old car alot.

edit(happens usually between 45 and 60)

Comment

thanks guys.

Comment

I'm pretty sure my tranny does that to my car also. Around the same speeds. When it's cold, real cold, it takes a while like 52-55 to shift into o/d.

Comment

ok, so here's an update... cleaned the IAC real good. Then I replaced the TPS... still happens... I'm wondering if there's anything electrical causing the problem. I pulled into advance auto today to get some plugs and wires and as I pulled in, my horn started going off without me touching it, I had to pull the fuse. I put it back in and everything was fine, then on the way home the car was driving great...I'm stumped. I thought it could have been an injector at first and I put some seafoam in the gas tank as well. It's confusing the crap out of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek3.4 View Post
              ok, so here's an update... cleaned the IAC real good. Then I replaced the TPS... still happens... I'm wondering if there's anything electrical causing the problem. I pulled into advance auto today to get some plugs and wires and as I pulled in, my horn started going off without me touching it, I had to pull the fuse. I put it back in and everything was fine, then on the way home the car was driving great...I'm stumped. I thought it could have been an injector at first and I put some seafoam in the gas tank as well. It's confusing the crap out of me.
              the horn problem was most likely the horn buttons, they tend to crack over time and can press down causing the horn to go off.

you can unhook your battery, wait 15min, then pull the airbag to see if everything is ok, it should come out with 4 torx screws. You can make sure everything looks ok there.

as for your other problem, it could very possibly be a trans problem, i would suggest draining the fluid and replacing it and a new filter, DONT get it flushed though.

it may take care of the problem

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                Hello everyone!
                by Andy H
                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                3 weeks ago
              • 3.4 slow to go
                hey there strangers!
                by 3.4 slow to go
                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X