X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3800 s/c motor WILL fit in a f-body

Originally posted by v6droptop
    still wondering if anyone has tried this with Holden parts.
    If so what is needed from the donor Aussie car?
    not been done with holden, would need the intake and blower, along with fuel rail and probably the throttlebody unless you mated up the stocker to it. Possibly more that I cannot think of at the moment
    http://www.bowtiev6.com/

Comment

well the coil packs would have to be relocated as well at least. There is a lot to it but it would be easier. Still not sure if there would be interference with the firewall and the intake or not. It would still be a bit of a ***** to do. Also getting a hole of one of those blowers is not easy. Even guys in Austrailia can't get a hold of them. Unlike our GTP the cars with those blowers were rare and I don't beleive you can even buy them through Holden anymore.
      2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

well I have a "connection" down under but wont promise anything.
        I believe someone on here bought a set up a couple of years ago
        but never got to try it out before they ran out of money.
        anyone remember this?

Comment

Yeah, I remember that. I just don't remember who it was that was doing it.
          2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Likey?

Comment

Maybe where did you get that one and when?
              I thought the guy bought a new one for mucho buckoroos.

Comment

Hey everybody. I have a 3.4 Liter V6 and i was wondering if an Eaton M9 GM supercharger for a 3800 series GXP will fit on my motor and bolt up right. Thanks

Comment

Not at all!

Comment

Hey i have a 3.4 Liter in my camaro and i was wondering if a GXP supercharger for a 3800 II would fit on my motor? Any advice and assisstance would be appreciated. Thanks

Comment

Again, no it won't.

Comment

Originally posted by SolidSnake
                        Hey i have a 3.4 Liter in my camaro and i was wondering if a GXP supercharger for a 3800 II would fit on my motor? Any advice and assisstance would be appreciated. Thanks
                        It won't fit a F-body 3800, and it won't fit a 3.4.

HOW MANY TIMES DOES THIS HAVE TO BE SAID!
                        Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

I'm going out on a limb here to clarify this.

The title : 3800 s/c motor WILL fit in a f-body, is VERY misleading. ANY motor will fit in the F-body. We already knew that. The title should have read: Modified 3800 s/c motor installed in f-body. I would have even titled more ***CUSTOM INSTALL*** or something of the like.

I understand FirebirdGT's frustration. We are old men and get tired of the same question over and over and over again. Snakeoil didn't help matters any in that thread, btw. Having a conversation about what can or needs to be done by verteran mechanics or fabricators is encouraged. Wording needs to be correct because not everyone is on the same playing field here. Remember was have lots of new guys that can change oil or a tire, while others that can install a 10pt roll cage with their eyes closed.

These topics should be in the advance forum, and the owner of the thread should be watching it. When newbs get into it, thread owner should moderate the issue themselves. Making VERY clear that it would require work and not just R&R work, but work that is beyond 95% of this board. (and that's being generous) Take the responsibility of educating and teaching. It's not hard, it takes patience.

Thank you
                          Steve
                          FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Administrator
                          Stupid is rewarded with the ban button.
                          Official Avatar Nazi according to Meatyshells :D

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                            Hello everyone!
                            by Andy H
                            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                            2 weeks ago
                          • 3.4 slow to go
                            hey there strangers!
                            by 3.4 slow to go
                            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                            2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X