No announcement yet.

My turbo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well can’t do the oil cooler just yet, going to try and do some tuning Sunday morning. Weather is supposed to be nice.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

• Weather is supposed to be perfect next few days been doing house stuff, supposed to get between 60-70 degrees. Hopefully get some tuning in, Since I leaned out idle and some part throttle I richened it up some , timing still 11-12 degrees, shooting for 12.5 A/F part throttle without turbo spooling and 11.5 with turbo spooling at 2500 rpm’s to 6000. Will post results. Also might turn the boost up to10lbs at 6-7lbs right now, that’s why I haven’t messed with my timing being at 11-12 degrees. Should be able to run 10lbs at those timing tables. My DA is 5000 ft.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

• Looking forward to seeing the result. Do you have any plans for dyno.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
          Looking forward to seeing the result. Do you have any plans for dyno.
          yeah been awhile getting to take it out, weather has been the main obstacle. Then having highway patrol and sheriff department always around didn’t help after the woman was hit and killed. Once I can get it street tuned I plan on hitting the dyno, maybe in December when it’s cooled down in the valley. It’s about a 2 and a half hour drive one way so I want everything tuned and correct. I don’t plan on running back and forth to the dyno.

Comment

• Decided to go ahead and rewire my starter straight to the battery in the rear. It starts fine but I think having it on its own will be better. Going to use it 1/0 gauge wire with a 400 amp circuit breaker. Got all the parts even wire clips to hold it up to the frame. After that plan to find my draw on the car. Pretty sure it’s the radio wiring. Will post pics when done. Eventually will get to tuning it. It’s been too long.

Comment

• Have you ran it yet? Or is the draw holding you back.

Comment

• No haven’t got to tune it, If I try I’m afraid that just sitting there with the laptop and accessories on it will go dead and I’ll have to jump it. I’ve simulated flashing it, about 2-3 minutes and sometimes it won’t start. So will see. Pulled the radio fuse and will try it again after the rewire of the starter.
                Last edited by ssms5411; 05-04-2023, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• With the radio fuse out, I go about 2 minutes with the key in the accessories. That’s not bad about a week ago it wasn’t starting after 2 minutes. I’ll see after the rewire of the starter. Hopefully tomorrow.
                  Last edited by ssms5411; 05-04-2023, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• Got most of the wiring done, just need to do the rear, it’s tight fit especially working around the gas tank, exhaust and suspension, wish I had a lift. Doing with a jack and jack stands is alittle tight fit. Might finish tomorrow, back and knee is starting to hurt.
                    Last edited by ssms5411; 05-05-2023, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0742.jpeg
Size:	1.61 MB
ID:	1578927 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0741.jpeg
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	1578928 The good news is I’m probably saving 10-15 feet in distance to the starter, shouldn’t have any starting issues. Hopefully I can find the draw on the battery. I’ll be all set if I can.
                      Last edited by ssms5411; 05-05-2023, 05:38 PM.

Comment

• Got it finished, started right up running good. Will test it later to see how fast the battery drains.

Comment

• That's good Steve. How's your alternator though?

Comment

• Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                            That's good Steve. How's your alternator though?
                            Thanks, yeah alternator is good, I’m charging 13.8 on the gauge. Just went 3 minutes with the key in the accessories and it started fine. Battery dropped to 11.9 but it started fine. I keep a battery tender on it so I know it’s fully charged when I first start it. Killed too many batteries in 8 years, so been keeping the tender on it for about 3 years. Yeah it was the radio fuse I think so I’ll be pulling the radio again. Rewired it in 2012 so radio doesn’t run off that fuse. Forget what I did with the wires so I’ll check it out. I figured worse case scenario I’ll pick up a small 12 volt battery and isolator and run the small battery to the starter. I just picked up a 200 amp isolator for my truck since I run 2 batteries. Will allow me to run my stereo without drawing off both batteries, so I can start it after a hour of listening to music.
                            Last edited by ssms5411; 05-06-2023, 09:33 PM.

Comment

• Did 5 minutes and it started so looks like I’m good to go taking it out. Since that older woman was killed their going to change the road from 2 lanes to one each way with a turn lane in the center. Supposed to slow traffic. I’ll get to tuning when I get the chance.

Comment

• Tried 10 minutes and no go, just ordered a smaller Stinger P680 battery 680 cca and a holder and isolator. Should get it this next week. Should work a lot better.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X