No announcement yet.

My turbo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got my money back for the 315 tires, called my credit card company and they refunded it. Waited over 3 weeks for the refund. 2 months total dealing with them. The company MBgram would not recommend.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

• Installing a digital boost gauge this week, my other one is too hard to read when driving. Should be able to see A/F gauge and boost in one glance. Will post pics when done.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

• Got it in, not reading vacuum very well, was at 15-16 vac on the other gauge, showing 9-10 on the digital. I’ll take it out later after the oil change see what boost it shows. Click image for larger version

Name:	9CE18526-E351-40FB-9B7C-1C5D07F9D726.jpeg
Size:	2.64 MB
ID:	1578479

Comment

• Got a Glow Shift digital vac/boost gauge, seems to be reading alright, vac is 19/20 , will find out if the boost is correct this weekend if the weather is good. I have 10 different colors so I can lighten it up when driving. Just shows you don’t buy cheap stuff.lol
          Click image for larger version  Name:	E884671E-C3E0-427F-B5B1-BF7BCCED027A.jpeg Size:	2.45 MB ID:	1578504
          Last edited by ssms5411; 10-13-2022, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Rainy weekend so far, so no tuning. Might be able to get to it Thursday or next weekend. Temperature wise it’s perfect out. Just rainy.

Comment

• It looks good. It looks very clean in your car.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                It looks good. It looks very clean in your car.
                Thanks Edgar, yeah forgot to use the filter with the old one , finally found it after I got the Glow Shift one, so it probably works alright, I have about 3-4 boost gauges just sitting, might just sell them.

Comment

• Picked up a new Walbro 255 high flow fuel pump, GSS342. My current Walbro 255 high flow is over 20 years old so eventually will go out. Never had any problems with it, can’t complain.

Comment

• Does yours make that high pitch sound? That's how my old one failed. The current one is starting to make that noise now.

Comment

• No just thought I’d pick one up, still working great, took me awhile to find it. The normal Walbro 255 is GSS340, and the high pressure 255 is GSS342. Are you running a Walbro 255? If you’re running the Powerdyne you should look into the high pressure one their suppose to be for boosted vehicles. That’s why I run the high pressure pump. When you turn the key in the on position it’s supposed the prime up , is that what you’re talking about Edgar?
                      Last edited by ssms5411; 11-09-2022, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Wow...I didn't even know there's 2 types. I don't even know what I have. I probably won't run a high pressure one because I haven't upgraded my injectors.

Comment

• I ran it on stock injectors for awhile, the high pressure just runs better, with higher flow pressure the pump doesn’t bleed off in the upper rpm’s and Wot, if you’re running the supercharger you’ll want the higher flow pump. Your fuel pressure is still controlled by your FPR.
                          Last edited by ssms5411; 11-11-2022, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• Edgar sent you a pm.

Comment

• Thanks Steve. The messaging system won't let me send a message to you, but I'll be interested in getting that pump from you. Maybe after the holidays

Comment

• Yeah that’s fine, Yeah I had trouble too, just let me know.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                  Had to get another phone
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                  1 week ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Leaking front cover
                                  by ssms5411
                                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • transamtom1
                                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                  by transamtom1
                                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X