No announcement yet.

My turbo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the scoop on , it will do until next February. Then I’ll get the 2.5” cowl hood. Click image for larger version

Name:	BDB97090-79C8-4926-998A-4F3FAE6615DC.jpeg
Size:	3.07 MB
ID:	1578044
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

• Another with it cleaned up alittle. Click image for larger version

Name:	B57EBEE2-3189-4284-A825-DA84B8713055.jpeg
Size:	2.72 MB
ID:	1578046
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

• Also got my boost controller mounted and ready to go.

Comment

• Installed new front turn signals. Old ones were clouded up. Click image for larger version

Name:	A16E0004-97DE-4545-9427-C873B7F56B4C.jpeg
Size:	2.74 MB
ID:	1578061

Comment

• Got the intake for the turbo side done. Click image for larger version

Name:	08F5BFF3-2FAA-4F69-83F1-CC19CC7B5F73.jpeg
Size:	2.14 MB
ID:	1578071 Click image for larger version

Name:	EA0E8CD3-6B2B-4984-874E-AAB6F9A71BFB.jpeg
Size:	2.86 MB
ID:	1578072

Comment

• Got the stock tranny pan on. That seal is a pain for the filter. About 3-4”s of more ground clearance. Click image for larger version

Name:	F07AFD5B-D754-4527-8BB1-CE12C85AE7E9.jpeg
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	1578082 Going to start tuning again, only tuned for 50% throttle right now.

Comment

• Installed a 4” alm. 90 degree pipe , I think it looks alot better. Shortened the filter 4”s . Click image for larger version

Name:	CD7FCFCC-222E-46F1-9963-34A593CDC427.jpeg
Size:	2.25 MB
ID:	1578104 Click image for larger version

Name:	F326CBC9-6953-4E45-A5E7-82865A6B3217.jpeg
Size:	2.59 MB
ID:	1578105

Comment

• Good news yesterday, got the results from my MRI on my knee, don’t need surgery. She said there’s a little fluid but should heal up on its own, already ready been over 7 months, gave me another shot before I left. Still hurts when squatting and putting any weight on it. I guess will see. Going to finish tuning the Camaro this weekend and should be done until next year when I get the hood and get the car wrapped or painted.

Comment

• Hey, great news about the knee!

Also, the loose ends you're tying up on the car are looking good. Nice work!

I'm always impressed with examples of these cars that haven't seen salt. I wish the unibody structure of mine looked like that. Lol.

Anyway, I'm happy to see it's all coming together!

Comment

• Thanks, yeah not too much rust on mine, 27 years in AZ, never driven in snow. Even up north where I am it doesn’t get driven in snow or rain. Only cool sunny days. Yeah on my knee, looking it up a bit, their still could be something wrong that the MRI doesn’t show, it’s been 7 months and still not getting better. Hopefully it does. How’s your car coming along?

Comment

• Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                        Thanks, yeah not too much rust on mine, 27 years in AZ, never driven in snow. Even up north where I am it doesn’t get driven in snow or rain. Only cool sunny days. Yeah on my knee, looking it up a bit, their still could be something wrong that the MRI doesn’t show, it’s been 7 months and still not getting better. Hopefully it does. How’s your car coming along?
                        It's taken a back seat to my work on the 03 Bonneville and a few other things, but I'm hoping to get back to it soon.

Need to properly mask off and paint one of the re-conditioned heads I ordered from ZZP. I also have to decide if I'm porting/polishing anything before I install it. I have some old heads to practice on, so we'll see. Thanks for asking though!

Yeah, knee issues are tricky as hell. You can rule out the worst case but that doesn't seem to alleviate the pain or suffering. Well, I hope you feel some improvement in any case. Fingers crossed.

Comment

• Yeah, I did some P&P on mine, then when I had the bigger valves installed I had them touch them up at the machine shop, seem to be working fine. WOT-Tech did my upper/lower intakes. Seems to be running good. I would definitely paint the heads and intakes just looks better. Yeah I hope my knee gets better, kinda getting use to it after 7 months.lol

Comment

• Got my boost controller set up, wanted to do some tuning but weather has been too hot. Maybe this weekend or next week. Plus we started our monsoon season so it’s been raining on and off. Just need to tune for WOT and then try out the boost controller, adding 4 psi so I’ll be at 10 psi.

Comment

• Keep up the nice progress and glad the knee will be better!
                              Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
                              Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

• Originally posted by zlexiss View Post
                                Keep up the nice progress and glad the knee will be better!
                                Thanks, just need more tuning, the hood and getting it wrapped and I’m finally done for awhile. Yeah knee is doing better, thanks

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  8 hours ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Had to get another phone
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                  1 week ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Leaking front cover
                                  by ssms5411
                                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • transamtom1
                                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                  by transamtom1
                                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X