No announcement yet.

My turbo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Alex, Hopefully you won’t need too, only thing that stops me from doing it myself is my back and doing the manifolds. So if that’s out of the way 2 people should have it done in a day, will see. Plus I’m paying him $500 to help me do it.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Take lots of pictures and video, Steve.

Comment

I’ll try Edgar, but when I get into it I’ll probably forget.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Got about 3 hours in tonight, got the turbo headers on each side and plugs and wires, other miscellaneous stuff, had to move the power steering resivor. Should have it finished tomorrow hopefully. Then having it towed back home. Then I’ll start tunning it. I’ll post pics tomorrow.

Comment

Nice!
            Drivetrain Moderator - "There are no stupid questions, only stupid people!"

2001 Pewter Firebird Y87, M5
            Intake, exhaust, just about every suspension part, alum flywheel & ds, Turn One p/s pump and cooler

Go Sabres!

Comment

Got it finished and home, only bad thing is that the hood won’t close. About 2”off I guess their saying you can run a bigger turbo is false. Going to ditch the SS hood and put a stock hood on and cut a hole out for it. The compressor housing is hitting it. Here’s some pics, Click image for larger version

Name:	F19D4FD6-7387-400E-85FD-041DD6EC3A13.jpeg
Size:	3.03 MB
ID:	1577757 Click image for larger version

Name:	854F52C8-4131-4E1D-8714-97A3F78CE333.jpeg
Size:	2.83 MB
ID:	1577758 Click image for larger version

Name:	36A7E816-7009-40E4-AA6A-0B1CB38ABAF2.jpeg
Size:	2.73 MB
ID:	1577759

Comment

Blew out my left knee last month so getting a CAT scan next week and seeing a orthopedic surgeon so will be busy doing that. Will pull the hood off and tune it when I get the chance.

Comment

I’ve been looking at pics of stock hoods I think they have more clearance, found one at a scrap yard, going to pick it up in a couple of weeks. Also trying to post a video of the car running.

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/29314090635...iABEgJ4YfD_BwE
                    Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

Looked at that one Robert, it’s still over on the passenger side abit more. I wouldn’t want to spend the $600 and still need to cut it. It’s further than the alternator. I’ll try the stock hood first. Thanks though

Comment

Going Saturday to get a stock hood. Hopefully it fits better, I know I compared the turbos , the one in the kit and the Garrett and they were basically the same size. So I’ll have a fiberglass SS hood for sale shortly.

Comment

Got your video up Steve

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Thanks again Mike.

Comment

Got the hood, and it’s black like I wanted. Will see if it fits better asap.

Comment

SS hood off , stock hood goes on with help from my neighbor.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  2 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X