Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FirebirdGT View Post
    Who's your mobile mechanic?
    A guy named John, my dad trained him back in the day, put him through a mechanic school, lives a block down from me. Only does Congress, Yarnell and Peoples Valley. Didn’t even charge me. Since I’m doing the install of the wire, couldn’t find a replacement so I’m just using my 1/0 gauge wire and doing it myself. Using the big wire since eventually I’ll do the battery relocation to the hatch.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

• Got the 1ga. wire on , starts perfect, and my cold start problem is gone. Going to finish tuning Sunday. Then have my tires and down pipe routed to the exhaust. Finally,lol
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

• Wow. That's awesome Steve. I had an issue with the starter too on the 89. I don't remember what it was but eventually I made it work and I did splice a wire and replaced it with a thicker one.

take some vids whenever you can.

Comment

• Thanks Edgar, yeah I’ll take some pics of the down pipe to the exhaust. Yeah I figured the battery was 5 years old so it was going to be needed to be replaced and the starter was the eBay one almost 7 years old, I feel better with the AC Delco in there. The wire and connectors I had already since I was going to do the battery relocation to the hatch. I’ll do that after the other stuff.

Comment

• I thought the big 3 mod takes care of that starter wire if I remember correctly no?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
            1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

• Originally posted by LETZRIDE View Post
              I thought the big 3 mod takes care of that starter wire if I remember correctly no?
              Not that I remember, if I would of known it was spliced I would of replaced it long ago. Yeah looked it up doesn’t include the starter wire, but it’s a great upgrade, especially after almost 27 years.
              Last edited by ssms5411; 04-18-2022, 09:17 PM.

Comment

• Got my positive post and 400 amp anl fuses today. Installed the post, Having fuses in the front and rear so there’s no fires or anything with the 1 gauge wire going to the rear. When I move the battery.

Comment

• Some good news, turned back on the PO300 code and it’s not setting it off any longer, also my ABS light is no longer coming on like it did. On the internet it says a bad battery can cause weird problems. I’m very happy, should finish tuning tomorrow. Since it’s running great I set my idle back down to 750 rpm’s too.

Comment

• Celebrated too early, still throwing the PO300, turned it back off, ABS comes on randomly, replaced all the sensors so next I’ll replace the module.

Comment

• Got my appointment again for the down pipe to be routed to the exhaust and new tires installed. May 6th. Hopefully it makes it down and up the mountain. Really just worried coming up, 14 miles climbing from 2k da to 5k da. But it’s 2 lane and there’s plenty of room to pull to the right. Then I’ll do my wastegate blow off tube and move the battery to the hatch.

Comment

• Ordered a hood scoop today, since it’s going to be abit longer to get the $925 cowl hood. Don’t want to charge it, so the scoop should get me by in the meantime, only $33 off eBay.

Comment

• What does the hood look like?

Comment

• Here you go.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Hopefully it won’t be on long, it’s 11x14 so should fit nicely, I’m going to use the double sided tape and also going to use screws to secure it. Probably paint it satin back since I have some spray paint.

Comment

• I hope it doesn't ruin the nice aesthetic of your car.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                  Hello everyone!
                                  by Andy H
                                  Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • 3.4 slow to go
                                  hey there strangers!
                                  by 3.4 slow to go
                                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X