Compounding Turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compounding Turbo

Thoughts on this. It's becoming popular with hotrodders.

https://youtu.be/7NoyjYrhSl4

Never heard of it but sounds cool. Doesn’t seem like the intercooler is that big AITs are going to be high, since it’s just blowing hot air to spool the other turbo. It’s already a diesel turbo truck so maybe it can handle it better.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

It's catching on with the tuners it seems. It's supposed to be more efficient and it make for more insane boost.

Comment

Yeah ,I see it making more boost, but with no intercooler I see a lot of KR with the heat. I guess if you want 30-60lbs of boost it makes sense but for a daily driver and cooler AITs and playing it safe I’ll stick with 10-12lbs of boost.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Yeah, that makes sense because the cars that uses this happened to be drag cars.

Comment

Yes I could see it on drag cars, they could ice them down or spray them with nitrous to oool them after each pass.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
              Hello everyone!
              by Andy H
              Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
              2 weeks ago
            • 3.4 slow to go
              hey there strangers!
              by 3.4 slow to go
              been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
              3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X