No announcement yet.

EBay turbo kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reminds me of the same turbo I saw in a grand national.

Comment

• Also guys the seller of this eBay kit is a good guy who honors his warranty. I was having issues with the turbo I got, possibly because of the spun bearing, and he stood behind is product and honored his 1 year warranty 10 months later. He sent it really quick as well and only asked to see pictures of the oil return and supply.

Comment

• Thats good to hear, my year warranty is up this month but I gave the turbo to a friend to try in his 4.3 engine, ill use my gt35r if I ever get mine done.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

• Hey guys so I got the new engine in and I have some important information for people doing this build. So I spun a bearing in my first attempt at this build and was devastated as it was only my first pull with the car. At the time I had a mail order tune from ZZP by Tim and after a few revisions he said it was safe to get on the car. After sending data logs to him from the car we had plenty of knock on hptuners, but Tim assured us it was false knock, and honestly did not put ANY time into actually diagnosing the problem. I ended up putting a new engine in the car and still has incredible amounts of knock, and despite numerous emails with ZZP, Tim offered little help or time as to figure out what the problem could be, and with metal in the oil it was evident there was a problem. Finally in a last ditch effort I decided to take the car to a local tuner who miraculously not only stopped the knock but was able to crank out 320 whp and 350 lb-ft of torque on 7 PSI! He started from scratch and was not a fan of anything in Tim’s tune. The moral of this story is not to waste 250$ on a shitty ZZP tune and to invest the cash on an actual tuner who can diagnose a problem and not blow up your engine. mechanically everything was identical between this engine and the last, except this one was saved by an tuner who knew what they were doing.
          Last edited by Turbovert01; 09-01-2019, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• Nice, yeah I never been a fan of mail order tunes, need to be there to scan the logs after each run. I'm glad you figured it out. And the dyno numbers are awesome for 7 psi.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

• Wow those are nice numbers for only 7psi.

Comment

• Great numbers! Sorry to hear you popped the first motor. I have always said the only thing mail order tunes are good for is when someone has some basic bolt ons and that’s all. Everycar respond’s differently to mods. The only way to be safe with FI / Nitrous / Cam is to tune it yourself or through a shop live time

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
                1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
                  hey there strangers!
                  by 3.4 slow to go
                  been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                  10 hours ago
                • ssms5411
                  Had to get another phone
                  by ssms5411
                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                  1 week ago
                • ssms5411
                  Leaking front cover
                  by ssms5411
                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                  2 weeks ago
                • transamtom1
                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                  by transamtom1
                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X