• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the update on yours.

Comment

• Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
      What's the update on yours.
      Doing rear ABS sensor and reverse lights this Sunday. Doing the engine in November, then next year paint and turbo.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

• Got it running and driving this weekend, minor bugs so far but man it moves!
        Click image for larger version  Name:	31E12DC4-427A-4A69-BB13-D4A5A659033A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	367.5 KB ID:	1573418

Comment

• Originally posted by Turbovert01 View Post
          Got it running and driving this weekend, minor bugs so far but man it moves!
          Click image for larger version Name:	31E12DC4-427A-4A69-BB13-D4A5A659033A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	367.5 KB ID:	1573418
          Nice, good to hear, what psi are you running?
          08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
          96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

• Haven’t really been into much boost yet, trying to diagnose a miss in cylinder 2 before I start to beat on it (yes I have compression thank god), but planning on running 12-14PSI

Comment

• Can you feel the mis or is it just flashing a SES light on ya? Mine flashes a PO300 and comes back saying random misfire and misfire in cylinder 3, but you can't feel anything and the engine runs fine. So I deleted the PO300 code in Hptuners and that took care of the light and its been running fine ever since , no more codes. You sometimes get false codes especially with cam upgrades. But if you can feel and hear the misfire then definitely take care of it.

Comment

• That makes me feel a lot better, the engine seems to be running fine and the miss is definitely not obvious if there at all. I cleared the code using the OBDII scanner but it keeps coming back. Hopefully it is just in the tune, still have to check the injectors and fuel rail but if it’s not that it must be the tune.
                Last edited by Turbovert01; 05-14-2019, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, when I did the crank sensor it stopped the flashing SES light but the PO 300 still came up with a po303 and the car runs great. Replaced all the sensors and plugs checked the injectors and their firing. What spark plugs are you using? I've had the best luck with NGK tr6's for boost and nitrous, and for N/A TR55'S.

Comment

• I heard from Alex, just needs a downpipe and hes done. Ill be interested on how these headers perform.

Comment

• Just went WOT for the first time... bad news, I started a thread about it titled Turbo 3.8 Spun bearing failure if any of you are interested in offering some advice :(

Comment

• Well that sucks, sorry to hear that.. Wheres your post at? What psi were you running?

Comment

• Barely hit 8 PSI for one pull... very pissed

Comment

• What was your timing and A/F?

Comment

• So I was able to source a Master Power T70 (.70/.68 A/R) that was very popular on the turbo 3.8 cars. This one was actually from a turbo 3.8 and still spins but has some shaft play. I noticed that this turbo is almost EXACTLY the same as the turbo that comes in the eBay kit. (4 inch intake, 3 inch exhaust, same size, same A/R, and full T4) Whoever makes this eBay kit did his research about what works on our cars. Here is some pictures for comparison.
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	4BCBCAF5-8308-4807-B916-74DA96B01415.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.22 MB ID:	1573515
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	82DD085E-2788-4190-B7E4-8CF6D3ECDE18.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	3.92 MB ID:	1573516
                              Click image for larger version  Name:	66BAD6FE-5DD2-4FA7-9F5A-607A7B81B826.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	4.48 MB ID:	1573517

Comment

• Good comparison. Yeah the T70 was very popular for turbos on our cars back in the day.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                  Had to get another phone
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                  1 week ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Leaking front cover
                                  by ssms5411
                                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • transamtom1
                                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                  by transamtom1
                                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X