X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EBay turbo kit

https://m.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=...turbo+kit+3800

Thouhts on this...

I don't know about this one,lol Would have to see the hotside a little more closer. Everything else I would junk, even the tiny intercooler.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

And whats up with the fan in the pic? Are you suppose to hook it up to something .lol
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

I think im going to buy the one below it for $575, its the hot side , but ill scrap the turbo and use a t4 for my gt35r. Its about $500 for a t4 exhaust side for my turbo or ill see about using a t3/t4 adapter. Nice find Edgar
        Last edited by ssms5411; 06-01-2018, 08:43 PM.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing too. The hot side looks good, but AC has to be deleted, which is hard to do since I literally live in the desert.

the turbo and the cold side doesn't look good.

Comment

I don't think the A/C needs to be deleted on this one, just run a open down pipe, thats what Im thinking. I did it with my under K kit.
            Last edited by ssms5411; 06-30-2018, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Just found a t3 to t4 adapter on ebay, only 1/2" thick , should have enough clearance.

Comment

Bought it, ill let you know how it is when i get it, ill take some pics and compare turbos.

Comment

Oh no kidding. Did you buy the hot side only along with the turbo. Yes, please post some pics.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                    Oh no kidding. Did you buy the hot side only along with the turbo. Yes, please post some pics.
                    Yes bought the hotside, will post pics. I think I know whos selling the kits, but ill wait to see if they come back to this site. Cartunning just lost a sale btw, if they would of gotten back with me through my emails, sent them 3 , I would have gotten their kit.
                    Last edited by ssms5411; 06-02-2018, 12:19 PM.

Comment

You might be right about the A/C , Lookimg at the 3rd pic where they show the pic of the car, the turbo is mighty close to the A/C canister, i just emailed them to find out. The a/c line has already been modified on mine so its out of the way. Will see.
                      Last edited by ssms5411; 06-03-2018, 08:36 PM.

Comment

I'm sure it going to be a clean set up. Can't wait to see it in your camaro.

Comment

Hope so, they said my gt35r should work but their checking on the A/C, either way ill install it. Got my turbo tub out and went through everything, forgot how much stuff I had. Going to run the 10lb spring in the Tial wastegate , and use my boost controller to get it to 15lbs of boost. So will see, its not going on until I get the car painted next year. But ill post pics of their kit.

Comment

15psi is alot of boost. That easily over 400rwhp.

Comment

Its not a daily driver so it should be fine, ill start with 10psi and go from there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                Had to get another phone
                                by ssms5411
                                Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                1 week ago
                              • ssms5411
                                Leaking front cover
                                by ssms5411
                                So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                2 weeks ago
                              • transamtom1
                                Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                by transamtom1
                                Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X