No announcement yet.

EBay turbo kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting on parts, got my brass tees for the heater hoses so i can plumb it into the turbo and still have heat. Got 5/8th tees, but they seem too small with 5/8th hose I got. So ordered 3/4th tees and waiting for them.
    08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
    96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Take pics Steve as you start your build.

Comment

I get caught up in it and probably wont take that many pics until done. Ill see though. Its just replacing the headers with the turbo headers , one thing im glad i bought awhile ago is O2 sensor extensions, got them from Casper electronics. Their 36 inch extensions. Still need to do the oil filter housing and double roller, housing isn't that hard, as im adding zzps oil volume kit to it also. Timing chain i might let my mechanic do it, hes moving into a new house so ill have to wait a bit until hes settled in.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Went ahead and ordered a Garrett T4 .63 ar hotside, $410 , not too bad. Anyone want to but a T3 to T4 spacer ? Lol J/K.

Comment

Heres my gt35r next to the one that came in the kit. The gt35r looks bigger to me, even though the one in the kit is .68ar and mines a .63ar. I now have $2000 invested into the turbo, $1600 fot the turbo with polished housing and $400 for the T4 hotside.
            Last edited by ssms5411; 07-14-2018, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Gt35 looks great. Is there a difference performance wise between the two.

Comment

Don't know the gt35r should spool quicker, since its the gt series with ball bearings, other is journal bearings. I know before it was spooling under 3k rpms. Will see.

Comment

True the ball bearing runs cooler too and it get lubricated better by the oil.

Can't wait to see that thing in your car.

Comment

Yes, its going to be a little bit longer than I thought . Been trying to find why I have loss of power. Fixed the map sensor, rewired it so no more map codes. But when I get on it , it seems slower and my random misfire is back. Hope to take it out tomorrow for somemore testing.

Comment

You see the price for the hotside is $795 now, says they've sold 10. I paid $575. Says they've sold 1 of the full kit and the price for that went up to over $1000.

Comment

Yeah, I guess they are testing the water to see if this is going to sell. I guess they are doing well wth the 3800 crowd. It's more expensive than the LS1 kit.

hopefully you get the bugs out before you install this.

Comment

Yeah Im hoping , took it out today and still has the blinking ses light for random misfire, was running a little lean for my liking so I richen it up alittle , also ordered a new cam sensor, see if that helps, after the cam sensor, ive replaced all the sensors except for crankshaft sensor , which im replacing when i do the timing chain. So will see i can live with a blinking light because it goes back off. Worst case scenario i take it to the dealer and have them diagnose it.

Comment

Any update Steve?

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
                              Any update Steve?
                              Got the blinking ses light fixed now trying to figure out why im not shifting into 3rd gear at WOT.

Comment

That sucks. Sorry to see you have another issue. Last time this happened to someone I know it was die to low battery voltage.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                  Had to get another phone
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                  1 week ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Leaking front cover
                                  by ssms5411
                                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • transamtom1
                                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                  by transamtom1
                                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X