sts style turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sts style turbo

so ive done some research on sts rear mounted style turbos. Im pretty confident this is the route i wanna go, mostly building this type of system will be much cheaper than typical custom header /underhood mounted turbo, that and the fact an inter-cooler isnt absolutely necessary. from what ive read, rear mounted turbos only loose about .05 lb of boost over the length of the charge tube.
    one thing im not sure about though, and was hoping someone here could answer , what size turbo would be adequate for the 3.8l with a single rear mounted turbo ?

thanks

The Kit that Intense Racing was making / selling awhile back included a GT35 55 mm. T04E Turbo - They reported seeing a 102whp gain on their Grandprix 3800 kits as well, so I would say that would be a good starter point for adequate.

Will you be running a meth setup along with it? Are you building this kit yourself or buying something prefabbed already?

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
    1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

It would be nice to see one on a 3.8 F-body, good luck, post pics, Im still going to do forward facing headers on mine, using a Gt35r garrett turbo , T3 housing with .63AR. Should be next year when i have the headers made and y pipe.
      08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
      96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

No meth setup. Sts has a prefabed kit for v8 f bodies, of course. They also have a universal kit for about $1900. The rear mounted system is so simple I'll get my turbo, wg, bov off ebay and build my turbo system myself for around $ 1000. I'm an avid welder so I'll fab all my own piping. Already have headers, 2.5" ypipe , no cat. 3" exhaust, stage 2 cam , 30lb injectors, hp tuners , shift kit in tranny, and 3.73 gears.

Comment

sounds like a pretty stout setup you have there - can't wait to see pictures of everything as you put it all together

2002 SOM Z28 Camaro - 12.9 @ 104 mph
          1996 3800 Camaro - 13.43 @ 100.77 mph

Project Cars | How To Guides | Scratch Repair | Synthetic Oil

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
            Hello everyone!
            by Andy H
            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
            3 weeks ago
          • 3.4 slow to go
            hey there strangers!
            by 3.4 slow to go
            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X