Catch Can

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catch Can

I was wondering if anybody here with a Turbo or Supercharger has ever done or fabricated a Catch Can? If so how did you do it?

Is there an advantage to this over the PCV plug and valve breather?

Re: Catch Can

I've seen discussion on how plugging the PCV is bad, but I never seemed to have an issue with the plug/breather combo on my Powerdyne'd bird. But I never got any higher than 7 psi either...

If I had it to do again, I'd just do the plug/breather and let the catch can go....

Comment

Originally posted by dgreet77 View Post
      I've seen discussion on how plugging the PCV is bad, but I never seemed to have an issue with the plug/breather combo on my Powerdyne'd bird. But I never got any higher than 7 psi either...

If I had it to do again, I'd just do the plug/breather and let the catch can go....
      What's your pulley size? I've seen 9psi on mine with my 3.2 pulley. It just depends on how you launch the car.

I was just watching Mighty Car Mods and they did a Catch Can mod and they noticed gains in HP/TQ. It made me wonder too if this is better and safer for force inducted cars.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I was running a 3.2 smooth...no grooves...I sold it a couple years back and its starting to get fuzzy though. :(

Comment

I always use the Peterson Catch cans.

http://www.jegs.com/i/Peterson-Fluid...-0400/10002/-1

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• 3.4 slow to go
            hey there strangers!
            by 3.4 slow to go
            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
            2 hours ago
          • ssms5411
            Had to get another phone
            by ssms5411
            Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
            1 week ago
          • ssms5411
            Leaking front cover
            by ssms5411
            So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
            2 weeks ago
          • transamtom1
            Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
            by transamtom1
            Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
            3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X