Twin Turbo 3800

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twin Turbo 3800

So I have been recently interested in doing a twin turbo or single turbo install on my stock 00 V6 Camaro with 98k. I know many people have done it on stock motors with low boost and it is fine, but I cannot find any exhaust manifolds for the turbos. Can anybody direct me to where you can find them or where to find a complete kit? Or any kits that i can use with modifications. But i do not want the "Buy a V8" answer. I got a good deal on this car and this is what i have to work with. :P.

Any input or opinions would be great, thanks. :)

Re: Twin Turbo 3800

You're just going to have to fab it or have someone fab it for you. Unfortunately no one sells turbo exhaust manifolds for our V6.

Comment

Originally posted by 2.8 Bird View Post
      You're just going to have to fab it or have someone fab it for you. Unfortunately no one sells turbo exhaust manifolds for our V6.
      So pretty much I'm just going to have to weld the flanges on myself to make the turbos fit? Can I do that with the stock manifolds? (I've really never looked in there to see how they look so that may be a dumb question).

Thanks

Comment

Your better off using Gtp manifolds just search and they'll be a ton of threads.
        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
          Your better off using Gtp manifolds just search and they'll be a ton of threads.
          How will they fit on an f body though? I know they're both 3800s but they're setup physically a lot differently

Comment

They are actually flipped around , once you pull some threads up you'll see how they work.
            08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
            96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

Do you know anyone on this forum who has picture of their fbody turbo build I can look at ?

Comment

Look a few threads below this... The "post your supercharger/turbo" thread
                aka FreedStyle
                Chaddrich Freed

(1 of 443) 2002 SLP Firebird GT #107 (244rwhp/254rwtq naturally aspirated)
                2008 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L 4x4

Comment

Originally posted by CFreed11 View Post
                  Look a few threads below this... The "post your supercharger/turbo" thread
                  Alright thanks, I haven't really haven't been able to find a twin turbo setup for a f body that I can see how everything fits, I just don't see how the turbos would fit under there with all of the piping and such

Comment

Originally posted by v6camaro82 View Post
                    Alright thanks, I haven't really haven't been able to find a twin turbo setup for a f body that I can see how everything fits, I just don't see how the turbos would fit under there with all of the piping and such
                    only 2 people have done a TT v6, some chick in i think chicago did and it cost her a fortune and Tim king (fastest v6 built, single digit quarter miles,810rwhp and up to 1200+hp on tap) but he had the backing of Intense racing and his was a full blown probably 50k or more race car. it was nasty fast, he's local to me.

ill just say it, put TT out of your mind, focus on a single. you'll make plenty of power with just one if you do your homework and build right.
                    Last edited by vanbibber; 07-15-2014, 03:44 AM.

current car- 95 Trans am- bolt ons, parked and collecting dust. why? because **** it

Follow me!
                    http://www.twitch.tv/optimusprymrib
                    Or this

Comment

There's more than just those two. Tiago of Force Fed Fabrications did a few other TT kits for others. They aren't exactly posting online blabbing about it, probably running people for cash or just don't want people all up in their business.

A properly spec'd single will be less fab work, less parts, and less maintenance. With the right setup (not just an off the shelf turbo) spec'd by a turbocharger vendor, you can have one that spools quickly and produces the power reliably.

It's not a cheap game though.

My 800hp+ build is looking at $8K without fab work, materials and machining costs. But I'm building it to be reliable at that power for long periods of WOT. It's still in the process of acquiring the right parts.

Comment

Originally posted by vanbibber View Post
                        only 2 people have done a TT v6, some chick in i think chicago did and it cost her a fortune and Tim king (fastest v6 built, single digit quarter miles,810rwhp and up to 1200+hp on tap) but he had the backing of Intense racing and his was a full blown probably 50k or more race car. it was nasty fast, he's local to me.

ill just say it, put TT out of your mind, focus on a single. you'll make plenty of power with just one if you do your homework and build right.
                        Alright I'll look into that, I see most people use GTP manifolds, would you recommend that or is there others that are better and fit better?

Comment

What's a good turbo for a stock 3800? Most people use t3/t4

Comment

Mines a Garrett Gt35r .63ar T3 and it was doing great before I took it off, will be going back on next year after the turbo cam goes in. Mines a under the K setup with oval pipping and tubular k.

Comment

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
                              Mines a Garrett Gt35r .63ar T3 and it was doing great before I took it off, will be going back on next year after the turbo cam goes in. Mines a under the K setup with oval pipping and tubular k.
                              Do you have pictures of your complete build for a reference?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
                                Hello everyone!
                                by Andy H
                                Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
                                3 weeks ago
                              • 3.4 slow to go
                                hey there strangers!
                                by 3.4 slow to go
                                been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
                                3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X