How to: M90 your 4th gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How to: M90 your 4th gen

Just trying to help but if you have a 96 V6 you don't have to buy a 97 PCM, you can go to madtuner.com and he can tune your 96 PCM. Thats where I got mine tuned at.

Comment

I cannot wait for the finished pics!!

Comment

Updating!

Thermostat housing is all in the wrong place. It needs to be turned 90 degrees and offset.

Hoseland- I ended up changing the fuel system, I got rid of the quick couplers, just threaded fittings going from the plastic lines to the regulator, to the rail, and back.

Comment

I will add that the EGR was a waste of time. I never got it working and it took hours to get it set. Had to weld in bungs in the back, build hoses, brackets, extend the lines, ect. Just get rid of it and burn the code out of the ECM.

Wiring- Everything from your 97+ non drive by wire harness will hook up. The only differences are

A. MAP sensor plug is different, I spliced 3ft of wire in and moved it to the inner fender
          B. EVAP purge plugs (two of them) are too short, I extended them and moved them to the same spot as the MAP
          C. Coil pack wiring is too short. I had the coilpacks off the GTP and spliced the wiring together. I used weatherpack connectors. Best way would be soldering them but I have zero ignition issues.
          D. Water temp sensor may need more wiring. At minimum the wires will have to be removed from the harness and re taped.

Thats it! Cam sensor wiring, oil level, oil pressure, TPS, inejctors, ect all works fine.

The throttle body is VERY tight. It will fit however. Theres no extra space.

If you need to change the thermostat or injectors or PCV the motor will have to come out just fyi. However, it ends up looking really nice and torquey. Its 100% reliable.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Andy H
            Hello everyone!
            by Andy H
            Its been a while since I've been on the forum. Hope everyone is doing well. I still have my camaro! Unfortunately, the slave cylinder and clutch has went...
            2 weeks ago
          • 3.4 slow to go
            hey there strangers!
            by 3.4 slow to go
            been a while but looks like i'm back in the game thanks to my brother. he went and bought an'02 bird, and since i'm a technician at the nissan place...
            2 weeks ago
          • ssms5411
            Had to get another phone
            by ssms5411
            Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
            4 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X