Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: L67 F-bird

Originally posted by ssms5411 View Post
    Pontiacs are usually heavier than Camaros.
    Slightly heavier because there's more curves to the body, but if your fbody V6 is fully loaded it would be heavier.

Of course that SC and other mods added a couple more pounds.

I'm assuming that the weight is just the car itself?

Comment

Yeah just the car itself. It had a half a tank and probably 25lbs of exhaust parts in the trunk.

Power windows and locks, cloth manual seats.

Comment

That just seems really high to me. Mine weighs in at 3260lbs without me in it.

Comment

Originally posted by 96blackmaro View Post
          That just seems really high to me. Mine weighs in at 3260lbs without me in it.
          A fully loaded Camaro V6 is at 3280lbs and Firebird at 3340lbs. My 3rd gen which is strip only weighs in at 3056lbs.

I know mine is at 3430lbs because of the SC, exhaust, suspensions, and other stuff. I was going to do a sound system mod in it, which will add more, but for now I'll leave it be. Of course being 230lbs doesn't help the car either :D.

Comment

I dont know why it weighs so much. It should be lighter, dont have anything added.

It was weighed on a DOT weigh station scale. Granted the North Dakota hasnt had weigh stations in years so I dont know if its out of calibration or not.

Comment

Well the firebird has been a good winter beater. Didnt get stuck once and it started every time. I have since retired it from daily driver use and am daily driving my Cutlass again. I will be ordering a 3.4" pulley sometime next week. I get no knock with 89 and 6PSI so 10PSI with 91 and no knock shouldnt be too hard. I will be putting headers on this summer but I want to swap pulleys first just to see what it does.

Comment

Nice, you gonna give the track another try at all?

Comment

Yes, sometime this summer I will make another run. It needs drag radials or something first though. 2.4 60ft was not good. And more HP wont help the traction issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Need4Camaro View Post
                    Driving an F-Body in the snow should be illegal unless performed on a closed course... especially one as tourquy as this car ;)

IDK about that. When I got my car back in 07 while living in Colorado it was driven in a few blizzards and I know for a fact had it not been for the fact it was slow with great tires it would have had a few fender benders because of the damn snow.

As soon as I bring it here to California it will become my beach cruiser. T-Top's off, I'm gutting out the interior to make it more like a Ferrari F-40 and repainting it either flat black or matte blue with gold rims and finally getting around to a full suspension kit!.:drool: Something I couldn't do back in Colorado because of the snow.

Comment

Got a new set of wheels and tires for it. Wheels are BMW stuff which is a 120 bolt pattern, GM is 120.7. Overall its pretty close and theres some people that say you can't do it but Ive never seen any problems. Tires are used corvette stuff. Put them on and had HORRIBLE wheel hop. Looked around and saw that lowering contol arm brackets are sopposed to help so I put in a new set of shocks, new poly bushings and built a set of brackets. No more wheel hop now but it still spins bad. Its kinda sad that it needs drag radials with a stock motor for it not to spin but I guess thats a good thing. From a standstil I can just stomp on it and it spins all through 1st.

Also ordered a 3.4" pulley. I am going to put that on and if it knocks im throwing a set of pacesetters on it and rebuilding the fuel system to replace all the rubber line.

Homemade parts FTW! Saved $100 over BMR brackets. They are welded in now, just dont have pics of the finished product.

Comment

Looks good.
                        08' L76 6.0L 4X4 Chevy EXT.Cab LTZ Vortec MAX with Snug top cover, Dynomax exhaust,Hptuners& K&N intake
                        96' Camaro M5 to A4 conversion, alot of mods . GT35R Turbo full suspension. Built engine

Comment

thats an interesting bracket. i hope its welded good.

Comment

Its burned in there so good its going to rip the OEM mount off the axle before the bracket off the mount. What I ended up adding was a 3" tall 1.25" piece of 10 guage down each side and ran a bolt through the old hole and the new one. It is 10 times stronger than the bolt on BMR brackets.

I also threw a 3.4" pulley on today. HP tuners says it added 35 ft lbs. Used to get 305 and I get 340. Problem is it is knocking so I am going to build an alcohol injection system and see how that helps. It also only has 89 so I will throw in some 91 and that should cure any problem.

Plan on taking it to the track this weekend. Hope it runs low 14's if it hooks.

Comment

sounds like a strong bracket, mine are homemade also, but i can't take the credit for making them, i found them on craigslist. i did paint them though lol. and FI on 89 octane!?:twak: are you intercooled?

Comment

Nope! No intercooler! There isnt any room, unless I drop the entire K member and cut out part of the cowl.

It has 89 in it since it doesn't knock ever with the stock 3.8" pulley with 6PSI and 89 so why spend the extra money when it isnt needed. Its needed now so I will put 91 in from now on obviously.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• ssms5411
                                  Had to get another phone
                                  by ssms5411
                                  Well my iPhone 11 Pro Max took a dump, it’s in a boot up loop, will try and get it fixed and give it to my mom. So I got a new iPhone 15 pro max, everything...
                                  1 week ago
                                • ssms5411
                                  Leaking front cover
                                  by ssms5411
                                  So I’m still leaking coolant, I think it’s my front cover, going to double check when it’s alittle warmer, got the Zzp extra thick timing cover...
                                  2 weeks ago
                                • transamtom1
                                  Went to look at 2002 V6 Firebird Vert.
                                  by transamtom1
                                  Local car on a small lot just over 100k mikes(178,000 kms)

Silver with grey leather and black top 3.8L for $5400 cdn or $3975 usd as is....
                                  3 weeks ago

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X